New Season!!!

6 man believer

11-man fan
I am looking forward to this upcoming season. I'm looking forward to a new district, new opponents, and especially looking forward for the playoff season. I believe this will be a pretty wide open field this season. Every team is getting better and should see some new faces start to rise up. I'm sure we will have the same teams close to the top: Covenant, Boerne. I'm looking forward to see which surprise team will come up this season. I can't even predict the rest if the field Until games start and see all the schedules. You never know how it shakes up, new players, new coaches, etc. Good luck to everyone this season! Can't wait hear everyone's opinion on this season.

Week one down, and wow what a week. Lots of surprises and can't wait for the rest of the season. I was lucky enough to see some really great teams this weekend. Any thoughts? I know it's still early.

Before this weekend, I would have said Boerne is the favorite. I was surprise to see they lost to Water Valley and to see Midland win against Grandfalls-Royalty. It may be a two horse race between Midland and Boerne. ACHS is listed as #3 and Boerne blew them away and sad to say but Covenant is 0-3. I may be wrong but there hasn't been a lot of opinions on the board this year. So I'm not sure if there are any surprised teams this year. It's just sad to see that the top four teams have a combined record of 4-8. Also, seeing ACHS and DC contributing 6 of those loses is still crazy to me. I guess this is why we play the games.

I've said that all summer. I saw Baytown Christian at a six on six over at Emery Weiner back in June. It was Brenham Christian, Baytown Christian, Orange Community Christian, Tomball Homeschool, and Emery Weiner. Baytown won out. They have some studs this year.

I am looking forward to see the surprise teams that rise once district starts. The ranking will probably look totally different once playoffs start. Either way it is always fun and I'll be cheering for my team all the way.

Until a TAPPS 1 team beats Boerne, I will still have to pick them as the favorites though. Their only loss is to a really good public school team. They blew out every team in TAPPS 1 they faced. I would understand if ACHS or Sugar Land got close to beating them but they didn't. We will see again this week how a TAPPS 1 team stacks up against them but I believe it will be the same result.

They (Boerne) have come so close the last couple of years and are hungry. It is hard to stop a team who is really hungry and have been so close. I know what it is like to get to the state championship game and keep falling short. It just makes it more enjoyable when you do get there and win it all. This Boerne team may be the next special team that can win a couple of State Championships in a row.

Back