Mount Calm 6 on 6 Tourney

coachsatcher

Six-man fan
Another year and another great showing. Four teams will be playing in the championship rounds. Abbott, THESA, Mount Calm, and Veritas. Will post when we have winners. Thanks for everyone who came out and played. Great day!

All four teams were undefeated, so after the tiebreaker of point differential, THESA and Abbott play for first and second. Veritas and Mount Calm play for third.

Apparently Abbott was not undefeated. Veritas beat them before the championship round. Somehow Abbott was still able to play for first place.

Abbott was undefeated! Veritas and Abbott were playing a "pick-up" game due to their opponents forfeiting. No way to justify a win in a "pick up" game. Mount Calm played a pick up game with Abbott and used that chance to allow two or three of the underclassman to play, and they never saw the field again. Abbott beat Mount Calm in this "pick up" game, but it played no role in the rankings, because IT WASN'T A SCHEDULED GAME!!

Each coach was explained, in detail, how the "pick up" games worked. And each coach understood neither would receive a loss for playing an additional, non-scheduled, game. And each was given the option to play or sit. All knew the scenario for they started. Can't love the format when there's a chance of losing, and then hate it when you get a win. The only alternative is to have teams sit out if a team forfeits or cancels. That would mean teams could drive over two hours and not have a chance to play a minimum number of games. That wouldn't be acceptable either! Moreover, if Veritas had defeated Live Oak by two or more points in their 1:00pm game, they would have played for the Championship.

Last I checked, no one advanced to state or won prize money. If there's trophy envy; I can send Veritas a one inch extension for their trophy and we're all even. This was supposed to be fun, and this proves why so many coaches refuse to mess with these tourneys. All this over a trophy. LOL.

Coach Satcher, Your explanation was thorough and clearly addressed tournament progression/results. If all was clearly communicated to coaches prior to this progression then there should not be an issue.

However your comment, "If there's trophy envy; I can send Veritas a one inch extension for their trophy and we're all even. This was supposed to be fun, and this proves why so many coaches refuse to mess with these tourneys. All this over a trophy. LOL" is highly unprofessional. Unfair to assume a post you responded to represents all Veritas coaches, players, and parents, thereby necessitating the dig at an entire school community.

Be the example

Coach Satcher

I apologize if I came across as criticizing the organizers of this event. I applaud anyone that takes the time to put these events together as I know they are not easy to plan, get volunteers, etc. That is why I used the word "apparently". I was not being definitive in my comment. The reason why, is that I am not a coach, I did not attend the event, nor do I have a "dog in the hunt" so to speak. I did not know the specific rules of this tournament, the point system and I did not know that specific arrangements were made on certain games because of certain circumstances. Thank you for explaining those circumstances, because it makes sense and it certainly clarifies my understanding.

Again, I apologize if I came across accusatory or critical of your efforts in this event.

falcon8":1ew29pxu said:
Coach Satcher, Your explanation was thorough and clearly addressed tournament progression/results. If all was clearly communicated to coaches prior to this progression then there should not be an issue.

However your comment, "If there's trophy envy; I can send Veritas a one inch extension for their trophy and we're all even. This was supposed to be fun, and this proves why so many coaches refuse to mess with these tourneys. All this over a trophy. LOL" is highly unprofessional. Unfair to assume a post you responded to represents all Veritas coaches, players, and parents, thereby necessitating the dig at an entire school community.

Be the example

Unreal, a coach sets up a 6 on 6 tourney and gets dumbed on by someone because they didn't understand the rules.
Falcon creates an account on here to take a jab at coach satcher....

Eagle":130wmin2 said:
Coach Satcher

I apologize if I came across as criticizing the organizers of this event. I applaud anyone that takes the time to put these events together as I know they are not easy to plan, get volunteers, etc. That is why I used the word "apparently". I was not being definitive in my comment. The reason why, is that I am not a coach, I did not attend the event, nor do I have a "dog in the hunt" so to speak. I did not know the specific rules of this tournament, the point system and I did not know that specific arrangements were made on certain games because of certain circumstances. Thank you for explaining those circumstances, because it makes sense and it certainly clarifies my understanding.

Again, I apologize if I came across accusatory or critical of your efforts in this event.

You're fine and my apologies to the players and coaches at Veritas. We just took a thrashing in the final games from coaches - not players. And because I missed the last games, I wasn't able to address it. All was fair and it seemed like everyone had a great time. I shouldn't have taken a cheap shot, but am still aggravated at the shots my volunteers took. No excuses, I apologize for my rant and banter.

Back