Megargel Mustangs

bonus points to anyone who can tell me what their mascot was before the Mustangs...

Got me stumped on that one. I even quickly tried to Google for the answer and wasn't able to find it either. May have to do some more digging later today. Would be a neat historical fact to put on the team's overview page.

I saw a picture of a monument dedicated to the 1927 Megargel Bluebird band, supposedly the first high school band in Texas. I don’t know if Bluebirds was the mascot or just the name of the band. The picture was on the Texas Escapes website.

I saw a picture of a monument dedicated to the 1927 Megargel Bluebird band, supposedly the first high school band in Texas. I don’t know if Bluebirds was the mascot or just the name of the band. The picture was on the Texas Escapes website.

I'd imagine that'd be it then. Just need to wait for @Leman Saunders, or someone else, who can confirm.

Yeah...Bluebirds is kind of neat mascot. Why would they want to change? Somehow, I don't think the Bluebird bus body style was around in the 1920s.

Back