MC Back Breaks Rushing Record

To do this he has to have lot's of speed, and, quickness, two different things. In addition to the ability to run over people. And blockers. Even more amazing with an 11-3 record. Is 4000 possible?

4000 is possible because he is so close to it but Richland Springs is going to be gunning for him. I don’t know if they are a spread team or not. If they run spread RS will take their time contain him and force him to throw. If they aren’t a spread team he will have someone in his face as soon as the ball gets to him. On the other hand he might be the best player they have played all year and break off 250 yards score 4-5 touchdowns. It should be interesting.

Richards has to be close to the 4000 yards. He had a 57 yd. TD which would bring it to 3960 and at least one other run of 20+ maybe 30 yds. along with some yardage on his other carries.

The little MC RB has a lot of talent! I will be keeping up with him moving forward.

Leman Saunders":151pfsdl said:
yes, and passes Ken Hall for most all-time in a TX season (4,045)

Tis is amazing to me in multiple respects. Ken "The Sugarland Express" Halls record was 66 years old (1953). I realize most in 11 man will dismiss Richards achievement as "just" six man, comparing apples to oranges etc. Hall did do his in a 12 game season. Richards in 15. But when you factor in things like an 80 yard field vs 100. Breaking one from the 5 in 6 man is a 75 yd. TD, in 11 it's a 95 yd. TD. 10 minute quarters vs 15, I.E. a 40 minute game vs an hour. Then a lot of games being shorter than 40 minutes due to the 45 rule. 8 of Motley County's games ended that way this year. Some of them possibly by half time, looks like at least maybe 4 of them. I.E. those were 20 minute games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Hall_ ... n_football)

The failure of any regional newspapers, much less the sixman football community or Texas high school football to recognize this accomplishment is abysmal. It should be in the NYT and USA Today.

51eleven":21trppnx said:
The failure of any regional newspapers, much less the sixman football community or Texas high school football to recognize this accomplishment is abysmal. It should be in the NYT and USA Today.

The should but this is what they would say in 11man this kid wouldn’t break 1000 yards. Sad that the football community can’t just honor a great season.

Recognizing the accomplishment by the Texas 11 man world require them recognizing 6-man as real football.
That won't happen with 95 - 98% of them no matter what or how much is said.

However, that is no excuse for regional bigger city newspapers to not notice or acknowledge it. The Abilene Reporter News did report his breaking the 6 man record the week before in the semi. Nothing I saw there the day after the state game about Ken Hall's record being broke.

I never saw anything in the Lubbock Avalanche Journal though they do still cover 6 man some Of course Amarillo coverage is a bad joke. Brownwood had an article on RS winning state but nothing about this. Articles from these places might have spurred interest state wide.

Really the Dallas and Fort Worth papers should have noticed. The state games happen in jerry world, home of the deluxe plowboys, played in Tarrant County, and Fort Worth.

Motley County certainly will be better the next two years. If most of their players are junior and sophomores then 6man D2 football will be dominated by MC in the Panhandle and possibly state wide as well. They were pushed around by an older stronger team at Jerry's World but another year of growing and maturity can change the outcome of future contests. Blum's quick passing attack was the difference in their win over McLean. More teams need to incorporate the quick short passing attack in their playbook.

I guess I'm a little prejudiced in beating this dead horse of a thread though I thought at least DCTF was our friend.

I kind of like Matador for the setting, an older decent sized town after miles of not much, with a hill to the northwest. Nice break on the way to Colorado. Worth a drive through town.

Back