May, Gorman, Lingleville, Santa Anna

I agree. Lingleville had a bad taste in their mouth last season so they may put up a good game, so they will be a team to watch and Gorman has a lot of kids.....a larger talent pool.

Brookesmith 46 Santa Anna 20

This is a little interesting. Santa Anna may have scored more points in their first game than they did in their entire season last year. I suspect Brookesmith was able to pull off in the second half and stay pulled off.

About a week ago I tried to post a long version of this and it didn't go through, so here is the short version.
Gorman has failed to beat May at any level in the last three years. (Jr. High, JV, and Varsity) I will be really surprised if Gorman's Varsity wins in May this year.

Blue Bird, you are correct. Gorman will be May's competition in district but I don't think they have the resources to pull out a win at May. May has proven to be a good young team with only two seniors and a good group of underclassmen. Look for May to win the district.

The rankings will probably show that May will be the favorite to win this district again. Then Gorman, Lingleville, and Santa Anna. Lingleville has been showing signs of improvement. I don't know if it is enough to make a serious playoff run, but it is an interesting idea.

Was looking ahead at possible playoff teams out of District 13. Eden is likely to win the district and barring a three-way tie for second, Veribest has its very best leg up for the spot. Veribest barely beat Robert Lee this last week in Robert Lee.

Eden and Veribest will play each other this week. This will be for 1st and second in their district I think. I'm also thinking that Veribest will need to have improved some toward the end of their schedule to make a game out of this.

Rumors, rumors, and more rumors. I heard last night,second hand maybe even third hand, that Eden will have to give back their win over Paint Rock. And Veribest is going before the DC about something that may cost them their win over Robert Lee. Talk about throwing a wrinkle in a district race!

Well, May won, but the game was even closer than the score indicated. I kept thinking May was trying to give the game away. From Gorman's point of view, you probably thought that Gorman, in fact, DID, give the game away. Turnovers in a close game are so hard to overcome. Gorman looked healthy to me and played well. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a rematch in the third round of the playoffs.

Back