Looking for 1956-1960 Six Man Football Information

RSHale12

11-man fan
So In I came accross a printed paper from this web site the other day from 2009. They were talking about my grandfather K.K. Bonner and said that they had magazine's and books with stats on him and I was wondering if I could get a copy of all that. the Users were: Everready and Old Bearkat. I am new to this site being as this is my first day on it and I someone could please help me. He played for Nueces Canyon during 1956-1960 and were undefeated for the four years that he played winning like 60 games in a row.

I need any informations that anyone one has on him. The school had burned down with all the records and I don't know how to get a hold of them. So if you could help please do I'd greatly appreciate it!!

The topic on the post from 2009 was all century team and the post I am talking about was made wed Dec 09, 2009 at 12:16 Pm by Everready!! Again Thank you!!

Get in contact with oneday. That is his name on this website. He is most likely the one that can get you information about what your looking for.

A lot of that information is on the old history thread that went into limbo after the hacker attack. I do not remember Everready, but oneday might have that magazine. Some more information will be on lonestarfootball.net.

I have been working with oneday and a few others to find everything we can on KK Bonner, Sid Bonner, and others from that team. Give me a call & I'll tell you what we've found so far.
Cowboy
(254)-659-7340

RSHale12 -

I think 2 years ago I was trying to locate information about some of those Nueces Canyon team. I called a few people from the area and asked around to see if anyone had anything from that time frame...yearbooks, scrapbooks, photos, stats, and old game film...I had very little luck. Was told the same thing you were about the school burning down. However one person had a copy of the 1958 Six-Man Football Magazine and in it there was a few articles and stats and a team photo for the 1957 NC team. I have a photo copy of that magazine and can relay those stats to you if you like, but there was no stats for KK Bonner...only Pressy Webb has stats listed, he was the nations top point score for the 1957 season (of the schools that turned stats into the magazine that is). Both KK and Sid Bonner are pictured in the team photograph, and there is an article written by the NC coach, L. G. Paradeaux, diagraming some of their best plays. Webb has several other stats listed.

The Bonner boys were big name players I think after the 1957 season I think....

Old Bearkat has uploaded some newspaper articles at lonestarfootball.net just find Nueces Canyon under Class 1A and then find the year you want to look at, there are only a few newspaper articles for those years. The only one I think I have is one from 1960? and it just says that NC has won 47 games in a row and that they were close to setting the state record which was 49 by Abilene High at the time...as a side note I was trying to look into this streak and found it was kind of up for debate when it ended...you see the very next game (would be win 48) against Harper NC won and then won 2 more for the season I think...but the district ruled the Harper game a forfeit even after the UIL investigated and found NC did nothing wrong...I wish I knew more about this mystery!

You can email me at: [email protected]

So I wrote down all y'alls Numbers so that I can get a hold of you and try and talk and see what all you have. I don't know to much about everything. I have been talking to my grandmother about all of it. She was saying that during the time of the forfeit a kid had moved in and they called UIL to make sure that he was eligible and UIL said he was but later on a team complained and UIL changed there mind ( this is what my grandmother has been told me don't know for a fact). But Ill talk to yall soon!

Back