Lineups for 11th Annual Hico Six Man Super Saturday...

What happened to WV going to McCamey. Like, I have family in Iraan and it was really nice. Now I have to make up another family to stay with close to Hico. What a bummer. Dont matter where you go, its all good and all football.

Well Hico has been turning down alot of the local talent for years and inviting the same guys back year in and year out...now that all the other guys found a place closer to home that offers a similar reimbursement package Hico is stuck with some pretty lame match ups and will likely see a drop off in attendence. I know of a couple teams that tried to play at Hico a couple years back and had some pretty good teams to showcase but werent given a chance.

It appears we have become a group of Sixman Snobs.
Instead of being grateful for the opportunity to enjoy actual games,
we criticize the teams months in advance of the event. We should be ecstatic about
the showcase that venues like Hico and others provide.
If you desire to see only the "Elite" games, you're going to miss a lot...............

AMEN SMokeyjoe- there is a LOT of great 6 Man football that is played throughout the state...Not only in the Top 10 ranked in West Texas...What a great venue and opportunity to provide options to showcase the 6 Man game!

SmokeyJoe is the voice of reason?!!? Don't lat that avatar fool you, I hear he's quite the sophisticate.
I will probly skip Hico this year. First time in several years.

My tea glass is bigger than his................ Plus when you get as old as me, you pretty much do whatever you want and don't worry about what people think........

Is it me, or is it a little uncomfortable having Dr. Pepper sponsor Hico's event? You know given the venue's proximity to Dublin, and all the dust up between DP and the fine folks there?

I think I'll go to zephyr this year ....... No particular reason, just closer and I like the facilities. Hico is nice and I always enjoy it but we usually attend a big neighborhood BBQ that same Saturday so it will work out better. It's all football no matter where you go.............

Back