Lineups for 11th Annual Hico Six Man Super Saturday...

jimedferguson

11-man fan
Hard to believe that we are about to start the second decade of the Hico Six Man Super Saturday!

Here are the lineups for the 11th Annual Event, which will be played on August 30 at Tiger Stadium. (Teams listed first will be the visitors)

11:00 am Happy vs Aquilla
1:30 Lueders Avoca vs Strawn
4:00 Water Valley vs Blum
6:30 Dallas Academy vs Walnut Springs

Proud to keep a tradition going!

Don't get me wrong, the Hico event production is top notch, but this would seem like a much more competitive schedule to me...

Water Valley vs Strawn
Happy vs Blum
Aquilla vs Walnut Springs
Lueders Avoca vs Dallas Academy

I dont mean any disrecpect, but why is Dallas Academy playing in this?
I can think of 10 different private schools what I would rather see in Hico.

Happy and Aquilla may be the best match-up of the day. L-A had to graduate some kids off of the team that hung with Strawn last year. Blum will need to be in mid-season form to handle WV's size and speed. Dallas Acadamy had a boatload of seniors on last years team, but will still be good. WS will have a hard time playing with them for any length of time.

I really like the Happy - Aquilla and Blum - Water Valley matchup.
But I still dont understand why Dallas Academy is playing, they finished ranked in the 170's
I would love to see s private school like Abilene Christian, Geneva, either of the Waco schools or even Azle Christian

SW Raider- think that you will be surprised by the boys from Dallas Academy- just because they finished 170's doesn't mean not a good team- little love for other than the handful of High End Dallas teams throughout the state...Rankings don't mean everything...

I'm glad the top teams are playing local. Hico is great and all but I like to see local talent being played in places people know and can actually travel to. As for the Hico classic this year I give it a D- .

Caprock kid":1p47hzhe said:
I'm glad the top teams are playing local. Hico is great and all but I like to see local talent being played in places people know and can actually travel to. As for the Hico classic this year I give it a D- .
Careful now. Aquilla & Blum are local to me. Don't be putting my boys down.

Sorry Cowboy didn't mean to say every game was bad just an over all. The Aquilla game would be the one I would want to watch if I could make it.

Have been to most of Hico's games since they have started. They usually will have close evenly matched games. Last year was the exception. It will be a little strange not having Ira or Valley playing. This was usually my best chance to watch good teams from the west. I have never seen a Happy team play and watching an early season WV will be nice too!

Back