La Fogata

Mustang76

11-man fan
Neat restaurant in San Antonio. Serves one of the 61 Tacos you need to eat before you die according to Texas Monthly. Located near the intersection I 10 and 410 in North San Antone forgot the address though, sorry. Seen on the menu "Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution, it represents the wise choice of many alternatives." The food was tremendous it has replaced Mi Tierra as my favorite San Antonio restaraunt.

Oi. Don't get me started on San Antonio mexican food. I seriously gained 80lbs. in four years living there! Although probably not the absolute best restaurant in SA, I can't go there and not have a Beef-Lover's plate from Martha's. It consists of a beef enchilada, beef puffy taco (the perfect food,) beef gordita, beef crispy taco (which I subbed with another puffy), beans, rice and tortillas. Probably about 6000 calories!

San Antonio has SOOOO many little hole in the wall mexican restaurants. Mi Terra is good, but for the tourists.

La Pasidata, off of !-35 in Schertz, is one of my favorite hole in the wall restaurants. The PACO Specia, 1 Cheese enchilada, 1 Beef Taco, 1 Chicken Chalupa, and the BEST Spanish Rice in town.

Martha's, Blanco's Cafe, Henry's Puffy Tacos, Cha Cha's, Salsalito's, Pappasito's are just a few of the popular restaurants.

Try Adobe Verde in Gruene or Adobe Cafe in New Braunfels for great Tex-Mex when you are in the area, you will not regret it!

As a native San Antonian... La Fogata, though okay, is pricey. There is a place called Jacala -- West Avenue and two blocks north of Hildebrand. From 410 and I-10, You can take I-10 toward downtown San Antonio and exit West Avenue. Turn right (south) onto West Avenue and travel through two lights. Jacala will be on the left (east) side of the street several blocks past the second light. If you get to the HEB parking lot (which will be straight ahead of you), you have gone too far...lol - but only by two blocks. The service is FAST... a lot of food for little money. A great place to feed hungry boys! you can get 3 cheese enchies, rice, beans, and 2 puffy tacos under 10 dollars -- beat that!

Goob":35c6wmsg said:
Cowboy40,

Haz yew been to Taco Haven? I think itz on La Presa south of downtown.

No, never been to Taco Haven. I try to stay away from downtown if all possible.......

Songbird":35c6wmsg said:
As a native San Antonian... La Fogata, though okay, is pricey. There is a place called Jacala -- West Avenue and two blocks north of Hildebrand. From 410 and I-10, You can take I-10 toward downtown San Antonio and exit West Avenue. Turn right (south) onto West Avenue and travel through two lights. Jacala will be on the left (east) side of the street several blocks past the second light. If you get to the HEB parking lot (which will be straight ahead of you), you have gone too far...lol - but only by two blocks. The service is FAST... a lot of food for little money. A great place to feed hungry boys! you can get 3 cheese enchies, rice, beans, and 2 puffy tacos under 10 dollars -- beat that!

There is another hole in the wall called Bee's, off of Lockhill Selma, by Blanco and 410. It also has cheap lunch specials (at least 3 daily specials under $5.00), and GREAT salsa. There are SOOOO many Great Mexican restaurants in SA. Adobe Verde in Gruene is pretty good TexMex, but dont think it would make a top 10 list in SA, in my opinion.....

Back