Kickoff Returns

I made it down to Zephyr on Friday to watch the Avalon Eagles square off with the Richland Springs Coyotes. The heat was almost intolerable, but both teams seemed to make it through pretty well. The Avalon team was impressive with their size, strength, and also had a fast back. All I can say about the Richland Springs Coyotes is WOW! That Coyote offense looked almost unstoppable. There were some kickoff returns that were out of this world. Reeves made the most spectacular kickoff return that I have ever witnessed. I believe that every Avalon Eagle player on the field had their hands on him at least once during the return. It seemed as though they had to turn him loose to grab their jock straps, as the moves that Reeves put on them were out of this world.

Bush also had two very similar returns for touchdowns. The first-time starters were very impressive too. There is another one of the Williams boys who looks to become a real "beast" this season, on both sides of the ball.

I am going to make the trek back to Richland Springs this next Friday to watch the Coyotes take on a much improved Panther Creek team. This season is shaping up to be another very exciting one. With the combination of great talent, great coaching, and great fans, the "not so great" weather is more than bearable!

Back