It’s the most beautiful time of the year

smokeyjoe53

Six-man pro
No, Tiny Tim, it’s not Christmas. I’m talking Deer Season. That wonderful season where some discover they have more friends than they realized (if you just happen to have a few hunting spots still available).
Now understand I haven’t hunted deer in 50 years. Don’t like the pasture rats at all. Ole Smokey does enjoy the currency of the realm though and you can buy lots of rib-eyes for what hunting leases are bringing right now.
We are fortunate to have a great bunch of hunters and they do a superlative job of managing themselves which really makes me happy. They asked if they could shoot hogs year round and I told them only if they brought a couple thousand of their buddies with them. I did ask them to start keeping count of hogs this season and they have eradicated 60+ since October 1. They have guesstimated over 250 this year alone. I told them that was a good start and if they need more Ammo to let me know.
Guess I better enjoy it while I can...... old Joe, Kamala and Nancy will probably figure out a way to prohibit killing hogs soon enough.......

Back