Issue: 6 man teams playing on 11 man fields

Years past in Bryan (Allen Academy) they had a plastic tape that anchored with some sort of u shaped staples that went into ground. Worked great, after game they rolled it up and went about their merry way.

I may be incorrect but think that Lowrey field in Lubbock uses a latex paint for all star games and then pressure washes it off afterward.

I'm with ryry on the Blackwell facilities. A veritable sixman palace (especially compared to what they used to have). Parking and location would be a real problem though.

I watched the Tech and Balyor game on tv the other day, played in cowboy stadium. The end zones were painted to represent the schools. I believe that is the third college game played there this year. Just a thought. If Jerry can do it, then why not high schools. Really dont want to hear about the money issue. unless the money is more than a kid is worth. Personally I say paint a two foot wide stripe down the sidelines. What ever the cost, add it to the price of a ticket.

wtsandstorm":2ho1afif said:
I watched the Tech and Balyor game on tv the other day, played in cowboy stadium. The end zones were painted to represent the schools. I believe that is the third college game played there this year. Just a thought. If Jerry can do it, then why not high schools. Really dont want to hear about the money issue. unless the money is more than a kid is worth. Personally I say paint a two foot wide stripe down the sidelines. What ever the cost, add it to the price of a ticket.
Why can jerry do it ????? dont go there. Ill give you one reason he can do whatever he wants--------hes a friggin billionaire, if thats not an issue than you must be from OKLAHOMA

oldergoat":305ypnhy said:
Nothing to do with the field or the markings. Well out of bounds. Should have been an ejection. IMO was a cheap shot that resulted in a player being injured. May or may not have changed the outcome of the game. But the BC player should have been ejected.
Obviously you were 70 yards away on Ira side. The push not hit was one step out of bounds and #12 tripped on camera tripod stand causing awkward landing. You are the one cheap shotting on a HS kid who is friends with #12.

really something has to be done one way or another, paint that washes away, carpet , only 6man fields ,,,,, this is a big issue from kids getting hurt, to parents being upset when it looks like flagrant penalties, to the calls or noncalls effecting the outcome

There are kids that will take cheap shots, I played against teams that would take cheap shots, and played with kids on my team that would take cheap shots, but late hits out of bounds are typically when momentum carries a player into a collision with the ball carrier. A kid that is looking to take a cheap shot is usually in the middle of the field after a tackle about a half a second before or after the whistle blows and a player is standing around the pile and gets waylaid by someone runnin full speed. Didn't see the BC Ira game but heard about it soon after it happened, when a player is near the side line runnin the ball chances are he's made it around the defense and headed toward the endzone and the defensive players coming across the feild are coming as fast and hard as they can determined to make the stop, even with properly marked fields you will see pretty good contact a few feet out of bounds, now if a kid is stopped and coming back to high five his team mates after a good run and gets taken out then yes that is grounds for an ejection.

Duct tape (white) and Bailing wire. Use the wire as staples described above when the tape does not stick well and use the wire to tie the yard line signs to sand/gravel bags. Not so elegant but would be effective.

wtsandstorm":vl3eljcb said:

the first year of the Tech-Baylor game at Jerry World I was able to be on the playing surface the day before the game. There are huge rolls of turf under the stadium - crews interchange the playing surface that is pre-marked with pro or college markings. they lay those rolls out, stretch them and pin them to prevent slippage

Captain72
11-Man Fan

oldergoat wrote:
Nothing to do with the field or the markings. Well out of bounds. Should have been an ejection. IMO was a cheap shot that resulted in a player being injured. May or may not have changed the outcome of the game. But the BC player should have been ejected.

There was at least another out of bounds foul also on the Ira team. WATCH THE FILM! I guarentee you the coaches have if they are as good as everyone thinks. Ask #12's family where they stand. I heard about the camera stand also.

sixman is awesome":3kv2hv1w said:
Captain72
11-Man Fan

oldergoat wrote:

There was at least another out of bounds foul also on the Ira team. WATCH THE FILM! I guarentee you the coaches have if they are as good as everyone thinks. Ask #12's family where they stand. I heard about the camera stand also.
I really have no clue what your trying to say here...... you may have to translate.... just let it go, the game is over, whats done is done...... #12 is in a neck brace and is very very sore, but looks to have a complete recovery after a few weeks. "they are as good as everyone thinks" not sure what team you are referring that comment too, but both teams are VERY VERY good, and if you think they arent then you didnt see either team play all season......they were in the top ranks all season for a reason!

very competitive game, and when 2 competitive teams meet, things like the hit on #12 happen. i'm a BC fan, but i have nothing but respect for Ira. Don't believe either team was out to take cheap shots at each other. I'm not proud of the hit put on #12, and i don't think Tanner intentionally meant to hurt him. Don't hang ur heads bulldogs, ya'll have a VERY GOOD TEAM, and u will for years to come from what i seen. Goodluck in the future and Mr Morris it was a pleasure watchin u play. You're a true competitor.

Yew knowd, I done been thinkin' bout thiz fer a while. Not so much cuz of out-of-bounds hits, but endzone hits that seem to happen with ever dang touchdown cuz they done think they iz still in the field of play. Here iz my suggestion. Change the dang rules to make the six man field 100 yards long. Don't make it no wider cuz no body wud ever git tackled. But 100 yards wudn't affect the flavor of the game in no way. Then come playoff time in them big stadium you wud jest need to move in them sidelines and chalk them wide, wide, wide and even roll sum stuff over the uther sideline to cover it up and thare yew go.

Goob":2w2kod7c said:
Yew knowd, I done been thinkin' bout thiz fer a while. Not so much cuz of out-of-bounds hits, but endzone hits that seem to happen with ever dang touchdown cuz they done think they iz still in the field of play. Here iz my suggestion. Change the dang rules to make the six man field 100 yards long. Don't make it no wider cuz no body wud ever git tackled. But 100 yards wudn't affect the flavor of the game in no way. Then come playoff time in them big stadium you wud jest need to move in them sidelines and chalk them wide, wide, wide and even roll sum stuff over the uther sideline to cover it up and thare yew go.
Wow that is painful to read

Back