Illegal hits and kick off

Cherry5

11-man fan
Is it against the six man high school rules to-
Lead with the head?
Helmet to helmet hits?
Leading with head to a defenseless player?
Was also told tonight I have to have even players on both sides of the kicker?
Which can't happen but we were running a 4 on one side and 1 on the other side of the kicker an we got flagged.

There needs to be a site for officials to go to see 6 man rules that are different. All of the rulings for different situations, not just the major differences.

Last night I scouted a game and they kicked off from the 25 yard line and let the kicking team have all team members to one side of the kicker and then played a game today and kicked off from the 30 yard line and also allowed 4 on one side of the kicker. What is the official rule?

Some said recieving team can block the kicking team (above waist) before the ball goes 15 yards, others said it must travel 15 yards before either team can contact the opponent. Ruling?

Wow, it is late so if I miss something, sorry...

It is illegal at any level to target a player with the crown of the helmet, helmet to helmet is not facemask to helmet, or if they happen to bump heads, we are talking full on cheap shot launching blow to the opponents head, linemen hit helmet to helmet every play...

It is a personal foul to target any defenseless player or players obviously out of the play... Ex.. OLineman is trotting up field during long run and defender decides to look him up, or vice versa well behind the play, PF..

There are a lot of alternatives and play situations would definitely help, some of these are even hard with descriptions because there is a lot of subjectivity and judgement in these calls so hard to say one way or another.

Afaik, there is no requirement in 6 man to have any specific # of players or one side or the other as there is in 11 man where there must be 4 on each side of the ball at the kick.

KO should be from the 30 unless relocated by penalty.

Receiving team can step in front of the restraining line and initiate contact with the kicking team, but the kicking team cannot block R until ball has travelled 15, if R initiates the block it should not be flagged, but just because R stepped across the line isn't license for K to block.

Heb 12:29":zrbvdlpp said:
There needs to be a site for officials to go to see 6 man rules that are different. All of the rulings for different situations, not just the major differences.

Last night I scouted a game and they kicked off from the 25 yard line and let the kicking team have all team members to one side of the kicker and then played a game today and kicked off from the 30 yard line and also allowed 4 on one side of the kicker. What is the official rule?

Some said recieving team can block the kicking team (above waist) before the ball goes 15 yards, others said it must travel 15 yards before either team can contact the opponent. Ruling?

There actually IS a website for the officials. There is a link on the official website that has the 6-man exceptions.

The Web sites for the local officiating chapters have the NCAA Rules and UIL Exceptions by which we play football in Texas as well as the Exceptions for Six-Man Football as well. If you want to make sure that you have an up-to-date copy of the latest, I would contact the secretary of your local chapter and ask him to link you to the resources.

Back