HEAVY HITTERS!!!!????

THEQB

Six-man fan
Hello all! New to the board but have seen quite a few games this year and have yet to see any serious hitters..... I saw the Rockwall Midland game and expected to see fireworks (solid blocks, hard hitting), however all I saw was arm tackling and piggy back rides. Both teams had size but just not physical! I have to say I saw one hit on a kickoff from Midland and I believe it was either #21 or #15 had a solid hit. I guess just a lot of the teams this year are smaller and using speed rather than raw power. Who are the Heavy hitters this year??

Heavy Hitters will be the team(s) with Hitters that are heavy.

look out for number 302 on Christ The King... He's so big he has 3 numbers on his jersey...

Maybe I should have said (hard nose hitters) then it would have been the "team(s) with the kids that have hard noses??" LOL.. Im looking for those kids who lay the wood and have the RB always looking where that kids at and where he's coming from!
Haven't seen that 302 but if he is as big as you are saying he would be lucky to make a tackle in 6 man.
Thanks for response WD

Will check him out Crusader.... He better be ready this week as Boerne is rolling into the playoffs with nobody in front of them.

THEQB":17emw90v said:
Will check him out Crusader.... He better be ready this week as Boerne is rolling into the playoffs with nobody in front of them.

Geneva is good, from what I've seen and heard they are fast, athletic and well coached. Not much size but they can all play ball..

rocket....
Does that #12 play defense for Harvest or primarily offense?
Just curious. Some boys like to run kids over then when it comes to defense just not the same kid... arm tackling etc... more scared to get ran over.

Any other HARD HITTERS out their boys???

#12 from harvest plays both and is a big kid who can deliver a hit.
#10 ACH small but likes to deliver a hit.
#32 from Ovilla seems to be a decent hitter
Midland has a couple kids as does Rockwall I cant remember their numbers. Maybe that is what separates them from the rest of the district is that they have multiple kids that can hit and run.

DB..
Like I said before... kind of what started my post here. I saw that Rockwall Midland game and just not enough hitting going on at all. 1 big hit on a kickoff but other than that just a lot of arm tackling. Few solid tackles but no hits that make you go "wow"!! Never once did I wonder who made that hit because everything looked weak to me.

Any word out of any of the Southern teams? Any solid hitters down south? I remember Logos had a boy last year #14 that would hit hard and was also their RB. I saw them play Boerne last year...

Not much size... Thank you Crusader. I have a feeling my boys will respond well when I let them know what the board is saying about them.

GSB":hysspqiu said:
Not much size... Thank you Crusader. I have a feeling my boys will respond well when I let them know what the board is saying about them.

Don't forget the rest of what I said as well... "Geneva is good, from what I've seen and heard they are fast, athletic and well coached. Not much size but they can all play ball.."

Crusader no prob with that statement. Kids are athletic, we'll coached and a solid team. Just because they are small doesn't mean they aren't the top team in the state...
Little defensive are we!?! Lol

THEQB":2xr858ya said:
Little defensive are we!?! Lol

I've been fortunate enough to watch how our coaches interact with the boys for the past four years. Without speaking for GSB or the other coaches, I think that the constant "dig," at Geneva's size is simply another useful tool for the coaches to use for motivation.

TexianDoc

Geneva is ranked #1 in state and I think the consensus is that they are favored to win state if that isn't motivation I doubt saying they are small and fast will motivate them. I mean lets be honest how big are most private six man teams? Midland is probably as big as there is this year. Good luck to all the teams and players. Stay healthy playoffs begin next week.

I agree db... Im sure Boerne really needs no motivation but honestly I hope someone else steps up and gives them a run for their money. Always tough to hold on to the big dog status because the teams they will be facing have nothing to lose and aren't expected to win.

In terms of heavy hitters i would say that six man football is not the place to find that. Yes, you will get one or two guys on a team that will be studs but with how wide open this game is it is arm tackles and gang tackling is how the game goes. Also I can say from experience when you watch film on a game you see a lot more "big" hits than in real time.

Arm tackling is definently not a effective technique in either 11 man or 6 man. I believe the teams who do alot of that are probably just don't have aggressive kids. Strong backs will not go down on arm tackling

Back