Half Way

I think there are a few. McLean’s rise is the obvious one, along withBorden County’s rough start. Valley’s facing a potential losing season, which is the first time that I can remember. Strawn seems to have rebounded from a season opener loss, and Balmoreah is having a rebuilding year. Anytime RS isn’t in the State conversation, it’s a surprise.

BigFan22":35dbbe9a said:
I think there are a few. McLean’s rise is the obvious one, along withBorden County’s rough start. Valley’s facing a potential losing season, which is the first time that I can remember. Strawn seems to have rebounded from a season opener loss, and Balmoreah is having a rebuilding year. Anytime RS isn’t in the State conversation, it’s a surprise.

1. Richland Springs won't be in the state title talk with Burkhart gone. He is on another coaching level than the ones there now.

2. McLean was good last yr, no big suprise.

3. Borden County losing 2 games is EYE-OPENING.

4. Oakwood, Iredell are holding true to form.

5. Coolidge, Milford are headed for a collision.

6. Garden City / Sterling City MAY finally get past BC.

7. Ira is a suprise

8. Aquilla has bitten off more than they can chew on early but should make playoffs.

9. Petersburg schedule is as soft as charmin beating up on Dell City, Kress, Plainview Christian. Their record is fools gold at 3-1

10. White deer beating BC is a shock.

Kramer":2e0txf2u said:
BigFan22":2e0txf2u said:

1. Richland Springs won't be in the state title talk with Burkhart gone. He is on another coaching level than the ones there now.

2. McLean was good last yr, no big suprise.

3. Borden County losing 2 games is EYE-OPENING.

4. Oakwood, Iredell are holding true to form.

5. Coolidge, Milford are headed for a collision.

6. Garden City / Sterling City MAY finally get past BC.

7. Ira is a suprise

8. Aquilla has bitten off more than they can chew on early but should make playoffs.

9. Petersburg schedule is as soft as charmin beating up on Dell City, Kress, Plainview Christian. Their record is fools gold at 3-1

10. White deer beating BC is a shock.
Petersburg beat O’Donnell not Kress, but your point still holds true. I don’t think many people expected Petersburg to make any noise since they lost 5 starters on both sides of the ball. Happy and Naz should take 1 and 2, respectively. Petersburg will compete though.

Another surprise is Valley being 1-3 I believe? Wow! May be the first year in forever that Valley misses the postseason!

tdog5344":423pok2f said:
Happy may take first but petersburg takes 2nd. Petersburg has a great coach
Agreed. Coach Solis is a great addition to a young program that is rebuilding. I’m a Petersburg Homer and played under Joseph O’Malley when they were extremely competitive (2012).
Happy takes that district still. Petersburg takes on Naz on their senior night for second most likely. Unfortunately, it stops there because second place in that district will get McLean. YIKES!

Kramer":2mh8xn8u said:
BigFan22":2mh8xn8u said:
Anytime RS isn’t in the State conversation, it’s a surprise.

I agree that Burkhart was on another level, but he was on a different level than most every sixman coach,not just the ones there now. And, the “ones that are there now” are on a higher level than a lot of sixman coaches also. Don’t forget that aside from being a great spreadback himself in high school who also played D2 college ball, Thomas Tipton has coached under Burkhart long enough to absorb a lot of knowledge. He was also on staff for I think about four State Championships. John Cherry also has a state championship under his belt, as well as being a product of a great program at Gordon.
They did get off to a slow start with an opening loss to May, but have been gaining momentum and will no doubt make a good showing in the playoffs with a very young team. I won’t jinx them by making predictions now, but I can say that within a few more weeks, they will be in the conversation of the State Title talk.

Johnny South":2p2xjvr7 said:
Kramer":2p2xjvr7 said:
BigFan22":2p2xjvr7 said:
Anytime RS isn’t in the State conversation, it’s a surprise.

I agree that Burkhart was on another level, but he was on a different level than most every sixman coach,not just the ones there now. And, the “ones that are there now” are on a higher level than a lot of sixman coaches also. Don’t forget that aside from being a great spreadback himself in high school who also played D2 college ball, Thomas Tipton has coached under Burkhart long enough to absorb a lot of knowledge. He was also on staff for I think about four State Championships. John Cherry also has a state championship under his belt, as well as being a product of a great program at Gordon.
They did get off to a slow start with an opening loss to May, but have been gaining momentum and will no doubt make a good showing in the playoffs with a very young team. I won’t jinx them by making predictions now, but I can say that within a few more weeks, they will be in the conversation of the State Title talk.

Agree RS is not getting any credit and it’s not because of coaching. Those coaches are on another level. Burkhart had some amazing players playing under him and this years RS team is extremely young. Even being as young as they are they still will make some noise come playoff time and those coaches will have them prepared.

Back