Half Way / Anybody's Year?

51eleven

Six-man expert
Well, maybe not anybody but a whole lot of somebody's. One more week until district and no real dominant teams as in some years. I only found 3 teams in the top 10's that have 45'd everybody, maybe, and many would ask who have they played. 2 of the 3 have played 4 games, not 5. RS of course. Amherst. And Penelope played 5 but the jury's still out, was it 15-6 or 71-26? After that everybody couldn't 45 somebody.
Jonesboro looks good for the moment, again. 45'd Iredell , Avalon others. Beat Milford by 18.
Happy should be happy out West for now from what I've read. Maybe the toughest schedule thus far.
I kinda hope their Happy Cowboys after a trip to jerryworld. I remember the first time I happened on that oasis.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Sure looks to me like it's Richland Springs and then a big gap to everybody else in D2. I'm on the other thread as saying I just hope Sterling City can make a game of it this week, and they're ranked #3 in D1.

I kind of thought maybe at least Balmorhea had an outside chance. I know they only beat Garden city 45-35 but GC is having a pretty good season 45ing all others. As has Balmorhea, giving up 14 total points otherwise.

By The Way. 71-26 was the correct score on Penelope per the woman who answered the phone at the high school, she double checked with a man in the background to be sure. So, after 0-10 the last 2 years they have 45'd everybody the first 5 games. Quite a turnaround no matter what happens from here on.

granger":3ism1qtt said:
May be anyone's year in D1... not so much in D2...

Don't forget Calvert. They are the last team to beat Richland Springs and were down 38-20 at half. They won the game 64-46 by outscoring them 44-8 in second half. Very similar to Calvert's win over Borden County this year.
I wonder what happened in their narrow 47-44 win against Waco Live Oak

Back