Guide for videographers

HisTeam

Six-man fan
I am putting a How to Video Football guide for our volunteers to read before they begin to record.

Here's are some that I have put together so far:

Plays:
- Begin recording as offense breaks huddle
- Try best to get all of the players in the beginning of the scene and then zoom in to a "good distance" to see the play
- If line markers are on same side of the camera then lower the view of camera at the end of the play to get line markers

Clock and officials:
- Record the clock on change of possessions and after PATs
- Record all officials signals for penalties

Game Management:
- Record all "emergency" injuries (the care of the player and the emergency crews)
- Record all altercations with players and/or fans

As a statistician, I have found it very useful to have video that goes a good 5 count after the whistle blows. Sometimes it makes it easier to see a number as they get up from a pile that was hard to see during the action part of the play.

hornkeeper12":1n0yxxna said:
As a statistician, I have found it very useful to have video that goes a good 5 count after the whistle blows. Sometimes it makes it easier to see a number as they get up from a pile that was hard to see during the action part of the play.

I know it burns more film/memory/power, but if you can (ie, bring batteries, power cords, memory cards or whatever), it isn't a bad idea to film from opening kickoff to the end of the game.

Back