Great year! What about next year?

Cochabol

11-man fan
The finals this year reminded me of two heavy weights trading blows in a fight that went the distance. It was always close and wasn't decided until the end. It was a great game to watch.

The top teams (Vanguard, Veritas, Midland, Emery Weiner and Rockwall Heritage) were senior heavy this year. That's probably how they made it so far. Who will be the power houses in the coming year and who will see a big drop off?

Senior Numbers for some of the D1 teams:

Rockwall - 11
Emery - 11
Vanguard - 8
Hill Country - 7
Castle Hills - 6
Veritas - 6
Trinity - 5
Dallas Lutheran - 5
Harvest - 4
Round Rock - 3

I know the final four teams had a lot of impact senior players. Will be interesting to see what top players are returning once All District/State are released.

I think number of seniors is one indicator. However, I think number of returning starters on both sides of the ball might be a better indicator. This might be hard information to obtain as starters could be fluid during the year based on the skill set of personnel and the type of systems you are playing from week to week.

That being said, I like Veritas' chances next year.

KB12":13z1xsua said:
Senior Numbers for some of the D1 teams:

Rockwall - 11
Emery - 11
Vanguard - 8
Hill Country - 7
Castle Hills - 6
Veritas - 6
Trinity - 5
Dallas Lutheran - 5
Harvest - 4
Round Rock - 3

I know the final four teams had a lot of impact senior players. Will be interesting to see what top players are returning once All District/State are released.

Dallas Lutheran - 4

Back