Grace period for six-man football

I know there use to be a UIL rule that a school had a two year grace period for an enrollment over the limit. Is that rule still in place? Example - 2010: ADA 96, 2012: ADA 104. Would this school still get to play six-man football? The UIL web site is not fun to look through.

They would get moved to independent and not be in a district. This is what happened to Blum and fort Davis. After 2 years of that once reenlinement comes out again in ur numbers are under 100 you can get back in UIL 6man

texashelmetproject":259xuj2u said:
I know there use to be a UIL rule that a school had a two year grace period for an enrollment over the limit. Is that rule still in place? Example - 2010: ADA 96, 2012: ADA 104. Would this school still get to play six-man football? The UIL web site is not fun to look through.

Doesn't UIL allow several different ways to compute ADA for sixman football (based on current and grade 7-8 enrollment numbers)? I thought that you could use the number that "helps" your case best, at least as far as the 99.9 number is concerned for district sixman.

FYI ... for the past couple cycles, TAPPS has used boys-only enrollment for all levels football (league rules do not permit boys to compete in girls sports and girls in boys sports). Also, for the past (and current) cycle, they have increased the boys limit for sixman football to the same number as the top-number for boys enrollment in Division 4-11 man football, the smallest division for crowded field. For the 2012-2014 year, that number is 77 (it was in the high sixties in 2010-2012).

FROM UIL WEBSITE:

Six-man Football: Schools with an enrollment of 99.9 or lower may choose to participate in six-man football or
may opt to play eleven-man football but remain in the smaller division for basketball and spring meet. Schools
currently participating in six-man football may submit enrollment figures by any one of the following combinations
of grades: grades 9, 10, 11 and 12; grades 8, 9, 10 and 11; grades 7, 8, 9 and 10; or grades 9 and 10 doubled.

Formulas for Enrollment: The formulas used to determine enrollment are:

(1) Schools with four high school grades (9-12), and three-year high schools (grades 10-12) which will receive
incoming tenth graders from specific, identifiable feeder schools:
Grades 9, 10, 11, 12 = Enrollment

2) Schools with only grades 10, 11, 12 when it cannot easily be determined which schools the incoming tenth
graders are attending:
Grades 10, 11, 12 X 1.33 = Enrollment

I put that up for the person who asked about how to get ADA.

I have heard of the grace rule if you are going to be over 99.5 for a year but your numbers will drop you back under the number in the following years. Makes since to keep from changing between 6man and 11man.

Back