Ghost Stories Anyone...

Leman Saunders

Six-man expert
I know there are some ghost stories from from of the towns/schools out there in 6man land...anyone want to share some since it's that time of year?

I know there were a few around Blackwell but all are myths that were made up sometime in the 1980s...but I know there are some legit ghost stories out there...Milford and Borden Co come to mind...

Not a sixman but San Saba's Rogan Field was built on top of a cemetery. When Brad McCoy was coaching there he added a sign to the entrance of the stadium; "Welcome to the Graveyard"....... Some of the do-gooders. around town thought that wasn't very respectful to the long since moved bodies and had it removed.........

A friend of mine that grew up in Big Spring told me that the old Knott school was haunted, but then again he told me he used to take his girlfriend out there too so...

I've wondered if the old Mingus school is haunted, at least by rattlesnakes and such. You can see it from the road. What ever happened to all the souls who attended? Do any ever come back to visit?
The same is true of the "ghost" town of Thurber. Tarleton's Gordon center there is showing the original Frankenstein tomorrow night.

In keeping with the Halloween theme....

rear-ended.jpg

WV Backer":2o4qt7cn said:
A friend of mine that grew up in Big Spring told me that the old Knott school was haunted, but then again he told me he used to take his girlfriend out there too so...

Is the old school there still standing?

WV Backer":3lej83d2 said:
I doubt it, he's in his mid-forties so we're talking almost 30 years ago.

I went to Google street view and looked. Knott looks like it has a church or two and a couple of abandoned houses. Not much left.

Back