ghost division

thebull49

Six-man observer
theres a lot of 6 man schools closed in my area all within 30 miles . just to name a new Rochester closed (2004)
weinert (1984) sagerton (?) mattson (?) peacock (?) ol glory(?)obrein (1987) Gorree (2001?)does anyone have info on these or any other school that no longer exist? thanks

Last edited:
You could also add a list of schools that used to be 6 man but due to growth are now 2A or larger. Venus is an example. They went from Sixman to 2A (3A today) almost overnight back in the late 80s when large trailer park communities opened up. They had to bring in portable buildings, hire teachers, etc. during the school year.

Another was Bosqueville that was 6 man through the 90s.

I went to school in Venus, they moved to 11 man my freshman year (1987). Went back after finishing up college and they were on the verge of moving to 3A in 1997. They are now a 4A school

theres a lot of 6 man schools closed in my area all within 30 miles . just to name a new Rochester closed (2004)
weinert (1984) sagerton (?) mattson (?) peacock (?) ol glory(?)obrein (1987) Gorree (2001?)does anyone have info on these or any other school that no longer exist? thanks

Lone Star football has a good list and there is one on the 6 man history thread. BTW.... it's Goree and O'Brien /grammar nazi

In that same general area, you can add Vera, Girard, Megargel, Odell, Olden,

You could also add a list of schools that used to be 6 man but due to growth are now 2A or larger. Venus is an example. They went from Sixman to 2A (3A today) almost overnight back in the late 80s when large trailer park communities opened up. They had to bring in portable buildings, hire teachers, etc. during the school year.

Another was Bosqueville that was 6 man through the 90s.
Add Tolar, Santo, Rio Vista, Milano, and Jarrell

Last edited:
Dang I'm so old that I played 6man football on the fields at Carbon (closed/moved to Eastland), Olden (closed/moved to Eastland), Santo (now 11man), and Tolar (now 11man).

Back