GC wins boys dubs, both Chavez fall in finals

granger

Six-man expert
Founder
Conference 1A Lakeway World of Tennis<BR>Girls¹ Singles Finals<BR>Laci Fitzgearld, Gruver def. Linsey Chavez, Westbrook, 3-6, 7-6 (2), 6-3 <P>Boys¹ Singles Finals<BR>Jake Hoelting, Nazareth def. Trey Chavez, Westbrook, 6-4, 6-0 <P>Girls¹ Doubles Finals<BR>Holly Kleman/Lacey Acker, Nazareth def. Hope Martinez/Stefanie Theurich, Seagraves, 6-3, 6-0<P>Boys¹ Doubles Finals<BR>Alex Halfmann/ Taylor Niehues, Garden City def. Blake Cuba/Jared Heine, Thorndale, 6-0, 6-4<P>Mixed Doubles Finals<BR>Charlie Rundell/Kami Rundell, Nazareth def. Andra Kerley/Christopher Lujan, Wink, 6-4, 6-3

Great job GC tennis! Halfmann and Niehues State 1A Champs, Sanchez and Jansa third place... Region 2 .....great showing!

:D Linsey and Trey Chavez are still champs although they did not win State. The boy who beat Trey must be a handful! Coach Chavez told me before the finals that he didn't care whether they won or not, he just wanted them to play well. If all parents and coaches set this type of example, there would be less cheating, better players, and a better world!<P>Ditto on the congrats to Garden City! Niehues was a one man wrecking ball on my son's soccer team. God bless you all!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tipman:<BR><STRONG>:<BR>Ditto on the congrats to Garden City! Niehues was a one man wrecking ball on my son's soccer team. God bless you all!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>They play soccer in West Texas????? :eek: <BR>And a GC boy nonetheless?<P>What's the world coming to?

Thats not the half of it<P>Taylor Niehues has a busy Winter and spring:<P>All Region and All State basketball player<BR>3rd Player on 6th place regional golf team<BR>State Champion in Tennis<BR>Memberof State Champion Calculator, Mathematics, Number Sense and Science Temas<BR>Individual State champion in Calculator<BR>Individual State Champion in Science ( top score in Biology and Physics )<BR>Individual 2nd Place in Mathematics<BR>Individual 3rd place in Number Sense<P>Did I mention he aced his MATH SAT and scored a 35 out to 36 on his ACT<P>Great kids make coaching easy...<p>[ May 18, 2006: Message edited by: CoachA ]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CoachA:<BR><STRONG>Thats not the half of it<P>Taylor Niehues has a busy Winter and spring:<BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Awesome! A math and tennis geek, just like me. <P>Is he going to follow in the Old Bearkat's footsteps and become a nuclear engineer?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by granger:<BR><STRONG><P>Awesome! A math and tennis geek, just like me. <P>Is he going to follow in the Old Bearkat's footsteps and become a nuclear engineer?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah!! Another knuckle draggin' geek! and he beat my ACT score (33). Seems to be a really sharp kid.<p>[ May 18, 2006: Message edited by: Old Bearkat ]

It could happen. The Bearkats will be happy to have him back on the football field this year. It will be double trouble with Bradford and Niehues out there as recievers again.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by granger:<BR><STRONG><P>Awesome! A math and tennis geek, just like me. <P>Is he going to follow in the Old Bearkat's footsteps and become a nuclear engineer?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>To young Mr. Niehus...an Engineer's analysis of a typical summer beach scene....<P>
civil_en.jpg

Taylor is the farthest thing from a geek.<BR>Ya he is extremely smart but he is great at every sport he plays...<BR>It runs in the Family :D

Back