Game of the Week

SimplyPut

Six-man pro
I am interested and think this would be fun. Hopefully fans will join in. I'm hoping this can be a weekly continuation and keeping it strictly to the top Game of the Week.

#9 Buena Vista underdog to #5 Westbrook by 19

I have it a little closer coming down to last possession either way. But recent big game experience tells me

Westbrook over Buena Vista by 4

I am interested and think this would be fun. Hopefully fans will join in. I'm hoping this can be a weekly continuation and keeping it strictly to the top Game of the Week.

#9 Buena Vista underdog to #5 Westbrook by 19

I have it a little closer coming down to last possession either way. But recent big game experience tells me

Westbrook over Buena Vista by 4
I was just scrolling through the spread’s trying to find a game that’s gonna be a good close game. This game and Zephyr vs Strawn are going to be good games.

I was just scrolling through the spread’s trying to find a game that’s gonna be a good close game. This game and Zephyr vs Strawn are going to be good games.
It was a crazy game! Hard fought! Buena Vista did very well against us! That being said! Region 1 is gonna be crazy! That's why we play these tough games. " Iron sharpens Iron" Coach Matlock! And it's seems to be true year in and year out now for the 5th straight. District games open up in two weeks slates will be cleared. Amd the chase begins for all teams! #AOE

Top game of the week is another good one. Any takers this week? Please join in…….

The toy has #14 Rankin favored over #20 Water Valley by 8
I’m taking Water Valley by 14

Have to add another this week. Too interesting to not discuss.

The toy has #12 Cherokee favored over #24 Benjamin by 19
I have Benjamin by 22

Top game of the week is another good one. Any takers this week? Please join in…….

I have Benjamin by 22

I think you picked both winners right but Water Valley probably gonna win by more than 14. They're on par with Buena Vista and Westbrook and Westbrook already rocked Rankin. WV will do the same. Not sure about the spread on the Benjamin Chrokee game but Benjamin will win it.

I have Benjamin by 22
I agree, Cherokee hasn't been the same since Charlie Gray graduated.

I think this old fat man is going to Perrin Texas next Friday night. Two undefeated teams, halfway through the regular season, one picked by 10 by the toy, should be a good game and would be my pick for game of the week. WV will beat Rankin and Cherokee is due the win.
Not my game of the week old folks. I should clarify. Under the schedules tab on this site there is a tab that says “TOP GAMES” that change from week to week. This is listed first this week. Not sure but I’m assuming it is the highest combined ranked teams matching up any particular week. Like last week it was #5 Westbrook vs #9 Buena Vista. Be safe on your trip and hope it’s a good one.

SimplyPut, not arguing, just saying Perrin and Saint Jo is my pick and maybe because of being more accessible plus a couple more reasons. It is picked #5. You be safe and enjoy your self.

The WV traveling to Rankin is a tough row to hoe by anyone's standards and Rankin picked by 8 is a legit calculation considering that the WV can't kick an extra point for the life of Diddle Young. However, if the WV was to take care of business in Rankin, perhaps maybe the rest of the sixman world would start to take notice of the Wildcats. I ain't sayin' they're great and lord knows they need some more coachin'-up but, there is some talent there with #2 running, #5 throwing, and #21 getting the tough yards (I ain't namin' names), so who knows? Rankin will be tough, no doubt about it, will the WV respond? Time my friends, only time will tell.

After watching the WV and Rochelle, I’m going to have to say that Rankin will win this one. WV has a good defense but let the Hornets score more than they should have. It will be close, but I pick Rankin by 15.

I'm with you C. LaTranviejo, the WV defense could have tackled in the open field a lot better but let's not forget that Rochelle was playing hard in front of their home fans. It is, after all, an emotional game. If the WV can clean up a few things they'll be OK but Rankin has always been a real bitch for the WV and I doubt that this year will be any different. I reckon it might come down to extra points and, well, let's just say practice, practice, practice....

On a different note,. this is the first time I've ever been to Rochelle and I have to say, I love the setting. I love the trees and just the greenery around the field. When you live in San Angelo and are used to... well, San Angelo, you start to appreciate greenery. Too bad they're just down the road from RS. I reckon you can't pick your neighbors,

Last edited:
First, Rankin has a kid that can flat out kick a football, unless you block the kick he won't miss. Second, the game will hinge on the officials. Rankin holds on virtually every play. If it is called and you get them behind the sticks on every drive, WV should win.

I played against Charlie Gray back in the day. His speed was straight line. He played wing in a wing T offense that featured a slightly slower but much quicker tailback. I think his name was Duarte or something like that. Their coach used Charlie on reverses and flat passes. When Charlie was a freshman they spread him out and let his cousin throw him a bomb, repeatedly!

After watching the WV and Rochelle, I’m going to have to say that Rankin will win this one. WV has a good defense but let the Hornets score more than they should have. It will be close, but I pick Rankin by 15.
Rochelle has 2 wins against higher ranked teams. 3 losses to fairly good ranked teams. What gets my attention is that Rochelle puts up points even in losing efforts. It appears they may have a better offense then you and Backer are giving credit. WV held them to their lowest scoring total all season. Just saying. I was fortunate enough to watch the live stream of Rankin/Borden County. Impressive defensive game and fun to watch. I understand numbers can be telling and/or useless and it will ultimately be determined on the field. Guess we will find out Friday night.

Attachments

• IMG_0090.webp
    IMG_0090.webp
    108.5 KB · Views: 20
I think this old fat man is going to Perrin Texas next Friday night. Two undefeated teams, halfway through the regular season, one picked by 10 by the toy, should be a good game and would be my pick for game of the week. WV will beat Rankin and Cherokee is due the win.
Oldfolks we will have to meet up again soon.
My pick is WV by 12 (16 if we can make extra points)
Cherokee by 10,

Taking a nap so I can stay awake at the Saint Jo and Perrin Witt game tonight. I will be the one just outside the gate asking for donations so I can buy a ticket to get in. Buy a hot dog and bottle of water also. My earlier picks stay the same.

First, Rankin has a kid that can flat out kick a football, unless you block the kick he won't miss. Second, the game will hinge on the officials. Rankin holds on virtually every play. If it is called and you get them behind the sticks on every drive, WV should win.

I played against Charlie Gray back in the day. His speed was straight line. He played wing in a wing T offense that featured a slightly slower but much quicker tailback. I think his name was Duarte or something like that. Their coach used Charlie on reverses and flat passes. When Charlie was a freshman they spread him out and let his cousin throw him a bomb, repeatedly!
Where did you play football at? I played against Charlie in the regional championship game in 1969.

Good to read all of these memories of ole Uncle Charlie! Thanks for sharing!

I'm with you C. LaTranviejo, the WV defense could have tackled in the open field a lot better but let's not forget that Rochelle was playing hard in front of their home fans. It is, after all, an emotional game. If the WV can clean up a few things they'll be OK but Rankin has always been a real bitch for the WV and I doubt that this year will be any different. I reckon it might come down to extra points and, well, let's just say practice, practice, practice....

On a different note,. this is the first time I've ever been to Rochelle and I have to say, I love the setting. I love the trees and just the greenery around the field. When you live in San Angelo and are used to... well, San Angelo, you start to appreciate greenery. Too bad they're just down the road from RS. I reckon you can't pick your neighbors,
Played on that field in 76 , lots better now

Back