Fredricksburg @ Lifegate

7thman67

11-man fan
You could smell it in the air when you rolled into the dirt road parking lot at Lifegate Christian School. Two teams, undefeated in district, were about to lay it all on the line for a year worth the bragging rights and top playoff position. Freddy brought their own (we'll call it a press box) with a banner that read "HUPOMONE". One of their fans explained to me that it means perseverance in greek. Boy did they live by that word. While the Falcons will simply ask "How's your spirit?" answered by a loud echoing "OO-RAH!!".

A classic matchup between two teams that love to win and refuse to lose. Freddy scored first going up 8-0. Lifegate answered shortly after but had to settle for one on the extra point. (8-7) Fredricksburg scored again making it look as if this game was about to be a shootout and put up another 2 points to make it 16-7. Lifegate came right back and scored plus 2 to make it 16-15 freddy. I'd go more into detail but my memory eludes me.

Then the falcons defence decided to show up. Big hit after big hit, they swarmed the ball and blanked fredricksburg for the rest of the game (except for a kickoff return for a TD). I sat on the Freddy side and heard their fans, even when down by 40 points, cheering HUPOMONE HUPOMONE! They never gave up. They just didn't have the man power to play with the Falcons very long.

Falcons are district champs for the second year and are gunning for a state title. Beware

Hats off to both of these programs and I would love to see a state rematch.

From what I heard, at halftime, Rabon and Shipman had to take turns yelling at their guys.

And there was a thick, cinderblock wall between those locker rooms.

Final 73-24. And as our good friend says, this could be a rematch in about four weeks. But I saw a couple visitors in jackets that drove a Blue Bell delivery truck to the game over on the Heritage side of the field that might want to have something to say about that.

as a fan and now alum... i noticed that lifegate needs to get to a better start.. they can not get jumped on early like freddy did to them against a team like brenham or a tyler street. if they start off on the right foot it will be hard for them to be stopped later in the playoffs

Lgateplaya42":vtxcdjiv said:
as a fan and now alum... i noticed that lifegate needs to get to a better start.. they can not get jumped on early like freddy did to them against a team like brenham or a tyler street. if they start off on the right foot it will be hard for them to be stopped later in the playoffs

Dang alumni are hard to please. We scored THIRTY in the first quarter!!!! Might as well be coaching the Horns or Cowboys.

Clairatt19":1ih2suie said:
Lgateplaya42":1ih2suie said:

Dang alumni are hard to please. We scored THIRTY in the first quarter!!!! Might as well be coaching the Horns or Cowboys.

:lol: :lol: :lol: should have scored 70 coach... you're obviously slacking on your play calling... obviously just kidding.. thanks for the insight gravett...

Clairatt19":1s0c0z5v said:
Lgateplaya42":1s0c0z5v said:

Well, if those darn offensive coordinators would call the touchdown play a little more often, we'd have been done at halftime.

Back