Favorite Guitarists

Yes the Steel Penny is still the place to play in San Angelo, we play New Years Eve there again this year. <P>Our bumper stickers say "Keep Angelo Backward".<P>This Chinese Democracy thing is ceasing to be a debacle, and becoming an actual embarrassment to W. Axl Rose and his hired "Guns".

It really is starting to be a joke.....kinda like the way Axl is a joke to me now( which is hard because him and the rest of the band were the reason I wanted to pursue music in the first place), the only live performance footage I have seen of him in the past 10 years is from the VMA's a few years back and he couldnt sing anything and looked over weight.......for his sake this better be the next Appetite if its anything less then he is done<P>Hale I still want to get out there and play a show with you guys, if yal need any openers in the future id gladly except, the new music goes off man

He looks like he's lost weight since 2002 and his voice is much stronger than in 2002. He also doesn't wear the hockey jerseys anymore.

Matt---Dude were workin on a full-on tour come march, and we would LOVE to play some shows with yall! We gotta get together on this deal...<P>Kinman--- Axl better follow through on that release date. BTW, where is Slash, Duff, and the rest of the crew? Why cant they all just GET IT TOGETHER? I heard Izzy played some shows with GNR lately, thats a positive sign.

Yeah, Izzy played a few songs at a few shows in New York in May and a few in Europe including all the UK dates and in LA a few days ago.<P>Slash and Duff (and Matt) are working on Liberatd (tentative title), a follow up to Velvet Revolver's Contraband rumored to be due out in spring 2007.<P>Axl's recently made amends with Matt Sorum and Steven Adler. It's rumored that Axl may have asked Steven Adler to play a few songs and shows like he asked Izzy.

I keep up with the current events of Guns N' Roses and most of the former members that were famous, (i.e. not Ole Beich, Tracii Guns or Rob Gardner)

Thats great to hear. I knew that VR was working on a new album, I hope it isnt "danceable" as Scott Weiland claimed (hopefully jokingly). I liked a few songs on Contraband, I just wish theyd slap the "grunge" out of Weilands melodies from time to time. I almost wholly detest that genre of music. Snore.<P>I didnt know that Axl had made amends with Steven Adler, thats great...but...do you think he can drum worth anything since his stroke a few years ago? Also kinman, if you havent visited it, <A>www.metalsludge.com</A> is a great place to gossip about all things rock.

I do too, I guess Sorum is a more technically proficient player, but I like Steven's "street urchin" style of playing, for lack of a better term. Its just really dirty, which fits AFD-era Guns N Roses really really well.

I glanced through all the pages of this topic to see, but didn't find a name that I think should belong- Joe Satriani. Also, this guy might not be one of the best guitar players ever, but he gave us a riff we all know and will never forget- Richie Blackmore. Smoke on the water- oh yeah! :D

i'm thinking the greatest of all time might be the guy with the guitar named after him: Les Paul. Followed in some order by: Clapton, Roy Clark, Jimi, SRV. Insert your personal favorites after that. <BR>For the Old Timers: How do we think Hendrix might have evolved had he not OD'd? I've often wondered that. I think he might have turned to more of a jazz influence. Any thoughts???

Jimi would have bored with blues/rock at some point and definitely explored jazz at a deeper level. Then he would have incorporated those influences into his later rock music catalogue. He also might have turned to some classical influence as well. Too bad he didnt get to reach his full potential!

Ive wondered where Jimi might have turned as well. As talented and innovative as he was he would have no doubt tired of blues and branched out. Ive always thought the blues took the most emotion to play but the least chops. And Jimi wasnt short on either. There is one influence that is hardly looked at today and I feel like it was only scratched on the surface in the 70's.....The Indian and Eastern style. Thats where I think Jimi would have turned to had he lived a few more years. You could already hear it in some of his stuff. Castles made of Sand has a Indian/Blues sound. Led Zeppelin went that route for a while, so did the Stones. The Sitar was pretty popular in the 70's with Jimis feel he could have made some crazy sh!t.

Apparently my post from last night was deleted. :confused: <P>Anyway, pre-orders for Chinese Democracy have started showing up on websites again, but still no official date has been announced.<p>[ January 06, 2007: Message edited by: Kinman's 'PUT OUT THE FIRE' Charity ]

runy28.jpg

Can you talk about last.fm? This is the second link I have been to in as many days. This one site I went to had this awesome link set up to it.

Back