Farve not retiring?

freeagent

Six-man pro
While the lockout is still on, there's some speculation (not coming from Favre) that perhaps Brent could return in a backup role to a NFL contender ... source of speculation is former Cowboy exec, Gil Brandt ...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/brett-favre-gil-brandt-minnesota-vikings-not-retiring-yet-070511

Wouldn't bet on it, but it could happen ...

Was never a Farve fan, could take him or leave him. Played some pretty good football in the past, but Lord, give it up. Maybe a good blitz and a crashing right hand could send a Georgia fellow to the promised land. This back and forth is pathetic, in my opinion.

i agree i think that it is not real smart for his health but i would like to have him on the bench especially if it were a big game we had to win and my starter got hurt. i think its funny that people talk so much about it who cares one way or another he gets more press than most all maybe he should run for office lol

kbjoe1 wrote:
> i agree i think that it is not real smart for his health but i would like
> to have him on the bench especially if it were a big game we had to win and
> my starter got hurt. i think its funny that people talk so much about it
> who cares one way or another he gets more press than most all maybe he
> should run for office lol

I've said this since Farve started his "retire-don't retire" shtick a few years back. Love him or hate him, he's a competitor. There is something in his DNA that around July makes him think it's time to play. I really don't think it's an act, it's a true fight within himself to decide whether he can do it for "one more year." He wasn't able to do it in 2010, but he did (sadly, as a member of the Evil Empire-Minnesota Chapter) in 2009.

All said, I think he stays in Mississippi this year and enjoys life.

Back