Fajitapete's UIL after week 3 rankings

fajitapete

Six-man fan
running a little late this week, was out in Vegas and that's hard work.

Division 1 UIL top 20

1 Water Valley 141.8
2 Valley 121.2
3 Petersburg 115.72
4 Paducah 113.23
5 Oakwood 111.56
6 Santa Anna 106.77
7 Gordon 106.38
8 Rankin 105.1
9 Throckmorton 105.09
10 Ira 104.4
11 Abbott 98.61
12 Zephyr 96.95
13 Borden County 96.33
14 Evant 89.7
15 Meadow 86.61
16 Lometa 82.02
17 Klondike 81.69
18 May 78.39
19 Spur 75.57
20 Happy 74.86

DIV 2 top 20
1 Grandfalls-Royalty 116.23
2 Strawn 115.86
3 Milford 115.33
4 Groom 111.08
5 Robert Lee 105.12
6 Motley County 104.83
7 Richland Springs 104.72
8 Aspermont 97.85
9 Jayton 95.53
10 Loop 92.16
11 Follett 88.55
12 Trent 79.75
13 Northside 78.8
14 Chillicothe 78.13
15 Sidney 77.61
16 Blackwell 75.25
17 Jonesboro 73.9
18 Welch 71.06
19 Calvert 69.81
20 Balmorhea 66.91

fajita,

How can you have Paducah #4, when:

1. Meadow beat them by 27.
2. Meadow #15
3. Thockmorton, Ira, Borden County, ALL BEHIND Paducah.
4. Paducah is 2-2 and in your TOP 5

NO way on God's green earth is Paducah the 4th best team in Div. I...........

Your machine is on crack

Not to mention (but i will).....

Your #4 Paducah played Guthrie (0-4)

Let's look at Guthrie's record/Opponents.... 0-4
Of all the opponents, Guthrie played #4 Paducah the closest.....

Lost to Vernon Northside 12-60..............48
Lost to Crowell 6-57............................51
Lost to Paducah 23-50........................29
Lost to Spur 22-64..............................42

Worlds Worst Inventions......
1. Replacement Officials in the NFL
2. Fajita's ranking machine..... but closely catching up to #1
3. BCS Rankings
4. Insurance... we pay so much, but when there is a claim, You get dropped...
5. Tapps Wild Card System

Nice one wildcat.....

I noticed Crowell isn't ranked in your top 20 and they beat Borden County and Spur..

Yes I too think his machine went to Vegas and had a few adult fruity beverages.

AND...

It's not good if your machine is being compared to the NFL replacement officials.

I am beginning to see how you got your name there wonderdog, As near as I can tell you method of ranking has only to do with what would kind of make your case for a single pick, pray tell, how do you apply it to the other 121 games, would love to see you show us how smart you really are. Hey, you can even cheat a little, go check out Grangers picks, change the numbers and call them you own.

Seems like last week you took exception to the pick of Valley by 33 over Crowell. As I remember, you said “NO WAY valley beats crowell by 33...... This will be a 12 point or less ball game.” Turns out the machine on crack was off a bit, Valley won, but by 49 points. But don’t worry; As I do after every weeks game, powers are adjusted.

See how you can pick and choose to look good? I missed a few games last week but I never claimed the system was perfect. But, it picks the winner about 85% of the time.
Since you’re so good I’ll throw down the challenge, there will be 120 plus games this week- pick –em. Put up or shut up

And, to try to answer your question About how/why Paducah ended up at #4, seems the system took in to account that they(Paducah) was picked as a 45+ underdog to Motley County, but held the score to a 2 point game. The system sees that as proof that the power ranking values for both teams needs adjusting.
The system upped Ppaducah’s power rating, if it’s too much, then results of this week’s game will cause it to go back down.

The system moves power rankings but in smaller amount every weeks as the teams reach a reasonable ranking. But remember it's sixman, grades will be out soon and that alone can wreck some real havoc on a team as can a serious injury to the wrong player on a team.

Kramer":3k058pj8 said:
Nice one wildcat.....
I noticed Crowell isn't ranked in your top 20 and they beat Borden County and Spur..
Yes I too think his machine went to Vegas and had a few adult fruity beverages.
AND...It's not good if your machine is being compared to the NFL replacement officials.

Crowell, HMMM that is a good question, let’s look . . .

I agree that beating BC was a huge upset, beating Guthrie was expected, and the system picked the Crowell Spur game to be a 3 spread where Crowell won by13, but I suppose they big spanking was the 49 point loss to Valley,

Crowell by week
Pre-season - 79.92, week 0 - 88.98, week1- 72.79, week2- 78.23, week3 - 69.81

Is Spur that good?
Pre-season - 49.11 week 0 - 69.72, week1- 76.12, week2- 60.15, week3 - 75.57

I have Crowell currently at 23

Wonder dog, I've tried doing my own rankings. It ain't easy.
If you aren't willing to take Pete's challenge, take mine. 50 games. You choose them. Give your predictions and I'll give mine for the same games.

Ya'll be nice to wonder dawg, he's helping me clean up my data, but if we can get him in the prediction business we can finally convince the guru to give a forum.

CowboyP":28whvqi3 said:
Wonder dog, I've tried doing my own rankings. It ain't easy.
If you aren't willing to take Pete's challenge, take mine. 50 games. You choose them. Give your predictions and I'll give mine for the same games.

Every week a different player picks the games, I vote for me not to pick first . . .

Fajita,
I will take you up on your SYSTEM'S call-out......

I will call my system, THEY EYE TEST SYSTEM...... I won't need a computer, numbers, or any other MOMBO JOMBO..... JUST MY OWN VISION, a newspaper, a cup of java, a pencil (#2 led) and scratch paper....

Division I
10. Oakwood/Spur.... Both these teams seem to be good, but on the cusps of the top 5
9. Crowell........... 6 turnovers will cause you to be here.
8. Rankin...... Impressive win last week vs. Meadow
7. Abbott.... Just quietly keeps rolling along at 3-1... Beat Dallas The Cov., BUT..Lost to Milford.....Probably the strongest team in the East.
6. Borden County.... looks to be hitting full stride since the week 0 meltdown
5. Petersburg...... big one this week vs. #9 Crowell ..... Now it's time to see is PETE for real, because their schedule is a little shallow.
4. Throckmorton..... Coach Reed is a VERY NICE GUY, He hardly blows out anyone, Plays everyone.... Cost him against DTC.....Trock will be there.
3. Water Valley.... A lot of noise come from the San Angelo area.... They look to be for real
2. Ira.... This group may be SMALL in size, but they are good, fast, & aggressive... Anytime you shut out Ropes, You got something going.
1. Valley.... Who will be able to stop their 3 headed RB's.... Too physical for almost everyone.... Big game with Dallas The Covenant

Division II
10. Jonesboro.... is better than this spot, but 2 losses
9. Follett.... Struggles with Happy and Amherst makes me put them here. Seen Amherst, they are down this yr.
8. Calvert... Not quite as talented as years past, but their talent keeps them winning.
7. Strawn.. Are the hounds back... Big showdown with Gordon this week.
6. Grandfalls-Royalty
5. Motley County........ got them 5 because a close loss to Paducah isn't always a good thing.....
4. Robert Lee.. Coach Avants has the Steers playing better than the Longhorns
3. Groom.. Just keeps GROOM-ing their competition, only giving up 12 points in 4 games
2. Milford... Beating a very good Abbott team is a feather in your cap.
1. Richland Springs.... Until someone knocks them off

TAPPS Div. I
1. Dallas The Covenant... beating TRock puts you here....
2. Bulverde Bracken... I honestly believe Bracken is #1, but beating UIL T-ROCK puts the warriors at #2... Even tho I see them beating DTC
3. Midland Trinity...
4. Boerne Geneva.. Can this pass happy offense survive the POST SEASON (brrrr, cause when it's cold, the ball is alot harder)
5. Abilene Christian.... Talented, but not the same talent as last year.

TAPPS Div. II
1. Wichita Falls Notre Dame........ Best team in TAPPS D-II, lost one Sr from last yrs State Semi Final Run.
2. Granbury HCTA..... New Coach, Same Talent..... VERY GOOD, ATHLETIC TEAM...
3. Seguin Lifegate... My suprise team of the year. Glad you guys are back to winning again.
4. Fredericksburg Heritage.. Down this year, but will go a few rounds deep in the playoffs
5. Orange Community Christian... All that talent, All that talent, All that talent.... Just needs a KNOWLEDGEABLE 6-man coach.

10.Oakwood (BYE)
10. Spur vs. Rotan........... Spur by 29..... Coach Ware is alot like Coach Reed, He plays everyone... won't be a 45ing
9. Crowell vs #5 Petersburg...... Wildcats pull the upset in this one.
8. Rankin vs. Sanderson...... Rankin by 42
7. Abbott vs. Trinidad....... Abbott by 30
6. Borden County vs. Dawson......... Borden County by 45
5. Petersburg vs.#9 Crowell..... The Buffalo's get attacked by the Wildcats..... Crowell wins by 31
4. Throckmorton vs. Motley County....... Throck by 30 only because Coach Reed plays everyone.... He is developing talent during the game so he has a little more dependability come playoff time.
3. Water Valley vs. Midland Trinity....... WV by 45
2. Ira vs. Klondike.......... Ira keeps rolling, bulldogs by 45
1. Valley vs. Dallas The Covenant .......... Valley by 18

Wonder Dog's .........EYE TEST SYSTEM..... Will be back after these commercial breaks...

Cowboy P....

I'm much like the NCAA TOP 20 (Associated Press Version).....
I don't go beyond the top 10.

But my upset pick for this week is Crowell over Petersburg (Double Digits)

Back