Zephyr
Gordon
Valley
Klondike
Walnut Springs
Follett
Aquilla
Fort Davis 101.99

Hey Pete, would you post a road map with directions from Aquilla to Klondike for a few folks from DI DIstrict 14. Man, they're going to be mad at you.

OK Pete. I know you probably get tired of explaining and defending! Lometa is ranked 8 in your division 1 ranking. In the last 3 weeks they have lost twice and are still ranked ahead of both teams that beat them. Somehow, I thought that would be part of the correction process. You move forward ahead of the team you beat. Otherwise, whatever number or ranking that you assign a team to begin the year, that team will be stuck there for the rest of the year. Wins and losses don't seem to matter.

oldfat&bald":2cxd7v7a said:
Hey Pete, would you post a road map with directions from Aquilla to Klondike for a few folks from DI DIstrict 14. Man, they're going to be mad at you.
Still fishing? I figured you would have gotten a bite by now.

Blue Bird":1ziwluni said:
OK Pete. I know you probably get tired of explaining and defending! Lometa is ranked 8 in your division 1 ranking. In the last 3 weeks they have lost twice and are still ranked ahead of both teams that beat them. Somehow, I thought that would be part of the correction process. You move forward ahead of the team you beat. Otherwise, whatever number or ranking that you assign a team to begin the year, that team will be stuck there for the rest of the year. Wins and losses don't seem to matter.

Actually I enjoy these types of question when they are presented with more than I think your wrong arguments. If anything is true it is that this system isn't perfect.

I went back and ran the deltas for the three teams and looked at the way adjustments were made. It appears that the curve for a win might be a tad flat when the actual margin of victory is low or less than the spread. It’s never a onesize fits all, but I try to find a happy medium.
The basic reason Zephyr and Lometa are ranked lower is due to the games played so far:
Zephyr’s total opponent’s strength is 325 and 127 of that belonged to Lometa.
May’s total opponent’s strength is 327 and 127 of that belonged to Lometa.
Lometa’s total opponent’s strength is 309 and 184 belongs to Z&M

To move up a team needs to win, beat the margin, and the more the beat the higher the points. Failing to beat the spread will cost a few points but not many. Zephyr hasn’t put the wood to anybody yet, the one point victory over Lometa netted a -1 while the Lometa received +3 ( at the time Zephyr was 7 points over Lometa).

So far these 3 teams haven’t played anybody to showcase the team strength, so the adjustments have been small and currently Lometa has a higher value. Lets review the power results after next week's games and see what we have then.

These are idiotic. Having Lometa anywhere near your top-10 shows the system is worthless. Pete, please don't even try to rationlize that or I will have to get Granger to punish you with his endless array of stats.

Now CowboyP don't get too proud of yourself. You cats in Aquilla are starting to replace Gordon and the biggest group of whiny-assed bitches on the planet. I have followed you over the last year or so and you at least do your homework for the most part. But it seems like many of your townsfolk are a little too hot-blooded. Maybe you and Granger need to have a town meeting and educate these folks.

devils advocate":3iziqwrd said:
Now CowboyP don't get too proud of yourself. You cats in Aquilla are starting to replace Gordon and the biggest group of whiny-assed bitches on the planet. I have followed you over the last year or so and you at least do your homework for the most part. But it seems like many of your townsfolk are a little too hot-blooded. Maybe you and Granger need to have a town meeting and educate these folks.
Yes, we have our share of whiners - just like most other towns. We even have some that think we need a new head coach. I'm not sure why they do it, & don't see it changing anytime soon. I gripe & complain for amusement, but you've probably already figured that out.
Our boys know that to have a chance to play for the state title, they must play as a team & never underestimate their opponents. I hope they don't forget either. They have some tough games ahead.

anyone that looks past the opponent on a week to week basis is setting themselves up for failure. the teams i have been lucky enough to see seem to be heeding this advice i'm sure that their coaches, have instilled into them.. The pressure seems to be somewhat higher this year. I am proud of the efforts I have seen from all teams.

Dogface":q81jc19i said:
Actually,
EVERY town has their own set of
"whiney-arse butches".

Try standing along the fence and watch a game.

For those boo birds on the fence calling out instructions to the team and coaches, get a degree, get a certificate, get a job as head coach then you can be in charge.

fajitapete":2wkwk8lq said:
For those boo birds on the fence calling out instructions to the team and coaches, get a degree, get a certificate, get a job as head coach then you can be in charge.
Pete you know that isn't a realistic request. Besides, if they did, we'd have one less thing to complain about.

Back