Distrit 1

jc_30

In memoriam
Wow, what a day for district 1. Jesus Chapel beat Classical Heritage and that really shook up everything in this district. What do yall think will be the outcome after this?

1) Lubbock CTK
2) EPJC
3) Amarillo Classical Heritage

It looks like it is possible to have a three way tie. What is your district tie-breaker for three teams? Also it looks like the other district (Brownwood, Notre Dame, Alington Fellowship) could possibly have a three way tie, what is their three-way tie-breaker? Does anybody know? It appears parity has set into DII this year.

tepryde":2gwoeg6b said:
It looks like it is possible to have a three way tie. What is your district tie-breaker for three teams? Also it looks like the other district (Brownwood, Notre Dame, Alington Fellowship) could possibly have a three way tie, what is their three-way tie-breaker? Does anybody know? It appears parity has set into DII this year.

I sure hope those districts made plans for breaking three way ties ... in advance!

I have a feeling that when Jesus Chapel travels up to Lubbock they will be beaten by the well-coached Christ the King team. Any time you travel that far it makes it a lot more difficult to win against a well-disciplined team playing at their home field.

dsanders":19vze32b said:
I have a feeling that when Jesus Chapel travels up to Lubbock they will be beaten by the well-coached Christ the King team. Any time you travel that far it makes it a lot more difficult to win against a well-disciplined team playing at their home field.

CTK travels to El Paso for this one.

I usually dont post unless I am looking for a game or posting changes. However, I think this needs to be said.

There is more parity in Div II this year than any of the previous 6 (since its inception in 02). Great job to all of the coaches, players and programs that have been striving for excellence. There are some of the best district races ever and the playoffs are shaping up to be as exciting as ever.

None of this is meant to slight anyone but to only bring recognition to the whole Division. My comparison is not team verses team but the division as a whole verses previous years.

When applicable listings are alphabetical

District 1 great district with three legit teams. El Paso proved that by beating a legit Amarillo in a close game. This weeks Lubbock at El Paso game is a no miss. Either way that it turns out the next week will be a great game between Amarillo and Lubbock. Best overall district in Div II this year.

District 2 Duncanville has tremendous talent and Tyler Street played them 60-68. Awesome stuff. Way to go guys. Balch and the rest certainly deserve to be mentioned.

District 3 what a great district race. Arlington Fellowship and coach Harris playing at Brownwood Victory Life will be a great matchup. Notr Dame played a close one with Brownwood then beat a good Arlington team. Best district race div II

District 4 I dont know much about this district? j/k Freddy and Towneast battle it out this week. I plea the fifth but will say Towneast beat Freddy in 06 and then turned around and played them a heck of a ballgame in the regional championship. Seguin will be back they are rebuilding.

District 5 Brenham has the upperhand in this district but Bellville, HTC and Alvin deserve mentioning.

Playoff: Top part of top bracket Look at the first round matchup of D2 champ Duncanville with D1 3rd (Amarillo, ElPaso, Lubbock)

then look at the second round matchup of that winner vs D1 Champ(Amarillo, Lubbock, El Paso) most likely

That is some great football guys.

Although one might look at the lower part of the top bracket and say there may not be the strongest teams there. I encourage you to look at the matchups and the strategies and hard fought games that will be played out. Some of the best games I have ever seen have been games that were rarely mentioned and most of the time under rated.

Looking at the top part of the bottom bracket you got D1 R.U (Amarillo, Lubbock ElPaso) vs D2 R.U. Tyler Street then that winner probably facing Brenham in the regional game. More great games good job to all. The bottom part of the bottom bracket I wont comment on and am not fishing.

I will say every team in Division II deserves mentioning because they have good coaches who are working towards a common goal to get better. It is showing that more and more teams are achieving their goals. There are 15 playoff games across the state and everyone of them will be exciting. They are all opportunities for coaches, players and programs to minister to 1000's of people. What a great opportunity. Coaches continue to lead through Christ, players play to glorify Christ. District races and playoffs provide opportunities for emotions to fly and that is only a greater chance to glorify Christ in front of lots of people.

When it is all said and done a Champion will be. More importantly Christ must be glorified. I ask you to continue to build relationships that will last a lifetime, particularly that one you have with Christ. Continue to strive to lead and be men built for others.

A passage that has encouraged me "What good is it for man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul." mark 8:36

Tims":14xwmjsr said:
I usually dont post unless I am looking for a game or posting changes. However, I think this needs to be said.

There is more parity in Div II this year than any of the previous 6 (since its inception in 02). Great job to all of the coaches, players and programs that have been striving for excellence. There are some of the best district races ever and the playoffs are shaping up to be as exciting as ever.

None of this is meant to slight anyone but to only bring recognition to the whole Division. My comparison is not team verses team but the division as a whole verses previous years.

When applicable listings are alphabetical

District 1 great district with three legit teams. El Paso proved that by beating a legit Amarillo in a close game. This weeks Lubbock at El Paso game is a no miss. Either way that it turns out the next week will be a great game between Amarillo and Lubbock. Best overall district in Div II this year.

District 2 Duncanville has tremendous talent and Tyler Street played them 60-68. Awesome stuff. Way to go guys. Balch and the rest certainly deserve to be mentioned.

District 3 what a great district race. Arlington Fellowship and coach Harris playing at Brownwood Victory Life will be a great matchup. Notr Dame played a close one with Brownwood then beat a good Arlington team. Best district race div II

District 4 I dont know much about this district? j/k Freddy and Towneast battle it out this week. I plea the fifth but will say Towneast beat Freddy in 06 and then turned around and played them a heck of a ballgame in the regional championship. Seguin will be back they are rebuilding.

District 5 Brenham has the upperhand in this district but Bellville, HTC and Alvin deserve mentioning.

Playoff: Top part of top bracket Look at the first round matchup of D2 champ Duncanville with D1 3rd (Amarillo, ElPaso, Lubbock)

then look at the second round matchup of that winner vs D1 Champ(Amarillo, Lubbock, El Paso) most likely

That is some great football guys.

Although one might look at the lower part of the top bracket and say there may not be the strongest teams there. I encourage you to look at the matchups and the strategies and hard fought games that will be played out. Some of the best games I have ever seen have been games that were rarely mentioned and most of the time under rated.

Looking at the top part of the bottom bracket you got D1 R.U (Amarillo, Lubbock ElPaso) vs D2 R.U. Tyler Street then that winner probably facing Brenham in the regional game. More great games good job to all. The bottom part of the bottom bracket I wont comment on and am not fishing.

I will say every team in Division II deserves mentioning because they have good coaches who are working towards a common goal to get better. It is showing that more and more teams are achieving their goals. There are 15 playoff games across the state and everyone of them will be exciting. They are all opportunities for coaches, players and programs to minister to 1000's of people. What a great opportunity. Coaches continue to lead through Christ, players play to glorify Christ. District races and playoffs provide opportunities for emotions to fly and that is only a greater chance to glorify Christ in front of lots of people.

When it is all said and done a Champion will be. More importantly Christ must be glorified. I ask you to continue to build relationships that will last a lifetime, particularly that one you have with Christ. Continue to strive to lead and be men built for others.

A passage that has encouraged me "What good is it for man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul." mark 8:36

Memo to all D-II coaches. Don't be fooled. Tim spins a story better than any politician (well except for the Christ must be glorified part, he's as serious as a heart attack there) ...

I watched Heritage tonight and they are as good as they've been the past four years. If I was coaching against this team, my game plan would be fasting and on my knees in prayer from the end of the previous week's game until the start of my game against this team.

I got lots of friends coaching teams that will be seeing Heritage in the playoffs, so I'll apologize for my comments in advance. If Vegas took bets on D-II TAPPS, I'd be putting every dime I have left on Heritage to win AND cover the spread. I know it would outperform my 401-K.

Back