District play begins

Old Bearkat

Six-man expert
OK. This is one of the bigger districts so the real season now begins.

All time records

Anton vs Meadow 12-14-2
Anton vs Lubbock Harmony 1-0-0
Anton vs Ropes 19-11-1
Anton vs Whiteface 31-11-2

Lubbock Harmony vs Meadow 0-3-0
Lubbock Harmony vs Ropes 0-3-0
Lubbock harmony vs Whiteface 0-3-0

Meadow vs Ropes 44-29-6
Meadow vs Whiteface 31-11-0

Ropes vs Whiteface 26-13-1

Anton is still undefeated. They are looking like a possible dark horse that could win this district. How would they stack up against Valley in the playoffs? Who have they played?

Blue Bird":2nae0pa1 said:
Anton is still undefeated. They are looking like a possible dark horse that could win this district. How would they stack up against Valley in the playoffs? Who have they played?

Almost all of Anton's games have been ended by the mercy rule, but they really have not been tested. Their only game that was close in score was Petersberg; but, Petersberg seems to be struggling as of late. This begs the question, does the close Anton/Petersberg expose Anton's capability; or, was it just a semi-rival game in which a decent Petersberg team peaked before some tough losses.

Having watched Anton play, I can assure you they are a very good team. The question is are they good enough for a deep playoff run? I personally think so, but we should be able to size them up better next week when they play Ropes.

That is the problem with D1/Region 1 this year. All the best D1/Region 1 teams this year seem to be getting beat by Region 2 or some D2 teams; and/or haven't played any of the same teams in common yet. It's making it difficult to predict how D1/Region 1 is going to play out.

I agree region 1 is WAY down..... but Valley is the beast in this region.
Their 3 losses have been to Crowell, follett, Dallas Covenant.

With region 2 being so tough/physical, 1 key injury may put Valley in the drivers seat

Valley will win region 1

Back