District 16 Updates

Bdubbs

11-man fan
SO....now that we have had a few games played this year...and district games are just around the corner what is everyone thinking in terms of how this district will end up?

Will Chester overcome it's injuries and get momentum rolling in time for district play?
Will anyone be able to stop Leverett's Chapel onslaught that they have going right now?
Will Apple Springs be able to keep up with either Chester or Leveret's Chapel?

Does anyone know anything about any of these teams like how many key players each team has? Are those players healthy?

Don't know anything about A.S. Or Chester except what I have seen from scores. L.C. is young with only 3 Srs.(only 2 start). Offensively they are starting to gel a little. Defense is probably the best I've seen at L.C.
That said I wouldn't be surprised if everyone ends up 1-1 in district. Should be fun to watch. Good luck to everyone.

Thanks Lionbacker.....appreciate it.

My son plays for Apple Springs and there are only 2 seniors as they lost the majority of their starters last year. I think we lost 10 starters total to graduation. The majority of our squad is sophomores and juniors. Sounds like you are feeling the same way as me...everyone could end up 1-1 in district! The only difference is that our offense is solid but our defense is suspect.

Well good luck to you and L.C. and we will see you in L.C. at the end of the season.

Stay healthy...
Bdubbs

All joking and district champ signs aside...it should be an interesting district matchup. My biggest fear was always that it would end up everyone 1-1. We too are a relatively young team. We have out of 22 players 3 Srs and I think 4 Jrs (one out with knee) and the remainder are Fr. & So. As I mentioned in other posts we have suffered injuries throughout the year in key players, however we are on the mend and things are beginning to pull together a bit better now, even though people cannot see that with just our final scores as a witness. We have one more non-district game in High Island tonight to get through hopefully without any more injuries. The guys are pumped about district coming up and I hope they can execute well and make their tackles. If that happens then hopefully I'll get to let my signs fly :) We have talent..we just have to execute and make the talent work together. I keep expecting any time for the 'Jackets come out of their hive and make a statement. They are so capable.

Best wishes to both our competitors in district 16. I always pray before each game that God puts His hedge of protection around each player on the field...Oct 24 and 31 will be no different. God bless!

Interesting that there are only 2 district games due to Bloomburg not playing. Sounds like all these teams can score. Going to come down to who plays the best defense. Go Eagles!

Jacket Mom.....I agree and pray the same thing for our games and will be doing it at our game on the 31st. Good luck tonight and hopefully win or lose no one will be injured and we can meet up with both teams healthy so we can all enjoy a closely contested game full of 6-man excitement!

Coach Adams....Thanks for the well wishes and hopefully tonight we will see our Eagles Play Hard, Tackle Sure, and Score often! Go Apple Springs Eagles!

Last warm up before district play begins....play hard all and the best of luck. These short district seasons are killing me! I wish we could play each other twice given our limited number of teams in our district!

Bdubbs

Well, here we are folks. Down to the last game of the district. Is the 3-way tie going to rear its ugly head?

After a very disappointing loss to Leverett's Chapel at home, Chester showed up in Apple Springs demanding the six-man world to take notice. So now we have the 'Jackets finishing district 1-1, the Lions sitting at 1-0 and the Eagles at 0-1 going into the last and final regular season week.

With the Eagles being a 45 point underdog and coming off the hard loss to the 'Jackets, can they pull a rabbit out of their hat and mess up the Lions' undefeated district title causing the fearful 3-way tie? Or will the Lions defend their Pride on their home turf and clinch the Div 1 District 16 title unobstructed?

Four more days.........

Apple Springs lost arguably their best player for the season prior to the game against Chester. It would have been two difficult games to win even with that player but as we know in six man...you need everyone healthy and available to win each week.

Back