Did the Rocksprings Supe really just trash six-man

I played and coached 6-man and have grown to enjoy watching HS 11-man. The game is so much more wide open than it used to be. I agree we need to be open minded. Even people that love 6-man and call 11-man crowded field probably have not seen a good 11 man game. Look at the scores. A good game is great no matter what classification.

From what I remember of the article, the good folks of Rocksprings are blessed to still have a big turnout for their 11 man squads. I think they have something like 40 plus boys out for football.

As long as they can continue to draw those numbers and want to play 11 man ball, well, more power to them. I hope they continue to do that. I don't want to be in the business of being a vulture flying over the soon-to-be-corpse waiting for them to (in their words) "drop down" to six man.

But I've seen other folks say they'd never play six man now in the game. When the choice is six man or no football, well, then the rubber meets the road, if you get my drift.

There are still MANY Texas public high schools that have six man numbers that are not playing any football (aka "Commie Pinko Schools."). Places like Comstock and Tilden McMullen come to mind. But they're saving themselves for basketball. But don't worry. By thump-thump playoff time, the six man schools have figured out that game, too.

You might want to send him Morton’s direction too.
The coach there seems to be very happy about all the helpful response from the six man family since they made the switch this season.

Leman, I emailed Ren about that just now actually..

Leman Saunders":2xlotnyh said:
coach_jshelton":2xlotnyh said:
To me the bigger issue is with the Built Ford Tough Player of the week only including 2A-6A & 11-man Private schools. I get those emails every week & the poster every August, but Ford doesn't recognize 6-man as real football. If you drive a Ford, you don't support 6-man*.

*insert eye-roll here

They list the advisors on the rules page...many of whom I think we could email, call, or tweet to see why they exclude 1A....
http://playeroftheweek.com/rules.aspx

Back