Dickinson Pine Drive 85 to 80 over Sugarland Logos Prep

toddm

11-man fan
Dickinson Pine Drive 85 to 80 over Sugarland Logos Prep and PD did it with just 5 "football players" on the field at a time!
Matt Treadwell our baseball pitcher who’s only played 4 football games in his life (one of them being last night) played all but 1 or 2 plays and did an outstanding job as our sixth man! Good luck in your double header today buddy.

Besides rushing for 8 touchdowns, and running I believe one kick return for a touch Kyle Kelly was only able to sit out a handful of plays last night.

Christian Wooley was on fire with sacks, one interception returned for a touchdown, and two more rushing.
Derek Lopez covering for our other 2 injured regular QB's was awesome all around as well.
Freshman Garrett Marcantel had 2 big interceptions to stop Logos drives to help keep PD on top all but 7 sec of the game.
(I think those stats are correct)

These kids have heart and these coaches who just started 6 man this year are looking like they’ve been doing it their whole life.
This PD team is the real deal in D2!!!

dont get to far ahead of yourselfs just yet DPD theres 2 maybe 3 teams in DII that are the real deal being Brenham coming off an outstanding win, Seguin who is still undefeated and Dallas TS whose lost players but is still a competetor. lets see how yall do in district/playoffs, its really the only way to tell whose the real deal.

good job on the win though its good to see a starting program like yalls to have success

I'm not DPD, I'm just a fan. This team is the real 6man deal. There may be others out there too, but you can add this team to that group of contenders.

Pine Drive isn't necessarily a new program, just a different one than it has been.

PD did pretty good considering they played without their first and second string quarterback(both start defense as well), a major defensive player and their guard who also plays nose-guard leaving them with 7 players. The game was around three hours long and they fought it out to the end with the 20+ LOGOS Prep team.

I will be the first to give props to PD and a great game, but lets not lose sight of the fact that Logos Prep is a first year program and none of those kids have even played football much less 6-man.

wild dog11":aix0edue said:
dont get to far ahead of yourselfs just yet DPD theres 2 maybe 3 teams in DII that are the real deal being Brenham coming off an outstanding win, Seguin who is still undefeated and Dallas TS whose lost players but is still a competetor. lets see how yall do in district/playoffs, its really the only way to tell whose the real deal.

good job on the win though its good to see a starting program like yalls to have success
seems like this was a good game. but the top teams in this division are Brenham.. seguin and Dallas Tyler street i agree with wild dog... Dont sleep on the Fulton Falcons either i think they have a chance to upset some teams this year

If Logos is truly just starting out with no experienced football players, that team is going to be a tough contender at playoff time. They have a very consistent extra point kicker which is huge in close games. Had we not gotten two turnovers their kicker would have beaten us.

We appreciate your support and confidence in the team, but there is a lot of football left to be played. Our guys go out and give everything they have every time they hit the field. That’s all I can ask for as a coach. I realize that with the numbers we have it will be VERY tough to compete with the upper teams. I wanted to thank Logos Prep for the great game Friday night. Their kids showed great sportsmanship. I am afraid if that game would have gone 1 min longer we would have lost. We were dead. This may be their first year of tackle football, but they have some football players on that team. The future is bright for them.

Good Luck & God Bless
Coach Williams

toddm":2vzm29ph said:
2 big interceptions to stop Logos drives to help keep PD on top all but 7 sec of the game.
I went back and watched the game film this morning and discovered I was wrong. PD did not lead all but 7 sec of the game. I guess I got a little over zealous, and I apologize for that. :oops:
It was a great game by two developing South Texas teams. This is such a fun sport to watch, I just wish there were more SixMan teams in this area.

When did Tyler Street lose their players? I just checked on their games and they were 45'd by Covenant then Covenant was beaten by Brenham. If Tyler Street is a contender, I don't see it against Brenham. Just an observation, as I'm trying to get a handle on the teams this year.

SeedsWeSow08":d4vnhmjz said:

When did Tyler Street lose their players? I just checked on their games and they were 45'd by Covenant then Covenant was beaten by Brenham. If Tyler Street is a contender, I don't see it against Brenham. Just an observation, as I'm trying to get a handle on the teams this year.
Tyler Street lost three seniors(graduated) Lost there star running back to a 5a public school(Duncanville) and there starting quaterback went to berkner... All were starters on last years team! Aaron Whitacker and Jd Spencer Both attend Tyler street now, both started last year on Duncanville Christway State championship team with me.. both are seniors this year!

So then I guess now I ask, was Covenant's defense just that good against Tyler Street, but couldn't hold Brenham back at all?

Again, I'm just trying to get some perspective on Division 2. I can understand that Tyler Street can hold up to runner-ups, but to say they can compete with Brenham is a little too much too handle :shock:

SeedsWeSow08":24ki47an said:
So then I guess now I ask, was Covenant's defense just that good against Tyler Street, but couldn't hold Brenham back at all?

Again, I'm just trying to get some perspective on Division 2. I can understand that Tyler Street can hold up to runner-ups, but to say they can compete with Brenham is a little too much too handle :shock:
Well you never know what can happen lol.. I also pick brenham to win it all but you never know what can happen from now to December! I want the best for my boys Aaron and Jd but lets just wait till december to see

Back