Dickinson Pine Drive 63 to 44 over Pasadena First Baptist

toddm

11-man fan
Dickinson Pine Drive 63 to 44 over Pasadena First Baptist in a very tough game.
Tough is all I can say about this game. The field was a virtual swamp, PD only had 7 players, and Pasadena came to win. Kelly and Lopez had a long, but very productive night in the back field, with some big help from Spellman, and Wooley. Stipsits, Marcantel, and Treadwell played tough all night and had some big plays as well. District play starts next week and I hope we can get some of our injured players back. 5 and 0!!!

toddm":3nww3s7r said:
Dickinson Pine Drive 63 to 44 over Pasadena First Baptist in a very tough game.
Tough is all I can say about this game. The field was a virtual swamp, PD only had 7 players, and Pasadena came to win. Kelly and Lopez had a long, but very productive night in the back field, with some big help from Spellman, and Wooley. Stipsits, Marcantel, and Treadwell played tough all night and had some big plays as well. District play starts next week and I hope we can get some of our injured players back. 5 and 0!!!

Score needs to be reported to score central before a post on the game.

... i see posts about pine drive on here all the time but have not gone to see them play .. are yall saying they are the real deal? or are they just playing easy teams?

i do more reading on here than posting but i figured i'd share my 2 cents...

I think you may be hearing more about pine drive just because of the excitement around our small school. I speak for myself as the defensive Coach in saying we play with 7 guys over the last few weeks and 8 or 9 before. We have battled injuries ( 2 in hospital in 1 game) and everything else to come out 5-0 we are just excited. No matter what 6 we got playing they give it 110%. We got alot of heart. As a coach i will say we take every week serious and do not look down the road so as far as schedule strength, playing bad teams, i don't agree. This team was 0-10 last year and it seems every team we play brings it. We are just happy in the economic times we are in to have a great church and school, great administration and a great student body that wants to support a team that i am fortunate enough to be a part of.

And the support of the parents and booster makes it that much better...

Coach Flex

My oldest boy played for Coach Ware in 2007. Before then I’d never even heard of six man. My step son is playing varsity ball at Pine Drive this year. As you know six man is lots of fun to watch and when you have a team that can compete it makes it even more exciting. The board seems a little dead in D2 so I just post what I see. I would like to read about other teams too.

I went to the pine drive vs texas christian game to see if pine drive is the real deal like what they have been saying... pine drive has one guy number 21 he scores every TD without him the team would probably not win a game they might make second round playoffs but they wont go to the state championship... second thing i saw were the worst refs ive ever seen ref a game for both sides... i asked a tx christian fan how they scored a lot of points in the beginning of the season and now they arent scoring as much...they said there QB that started the season was no longer at there school and they only have two returning players from last year the rest of the team is pretty much freshman and sophmores even one of there really good players that plays reciever... he is really goood!!!

sixmanjr":3r255iij said:
I went to the pine drive vs texas christian game to see if pine drive is the real deal like what they have been saying... pine drive has one guy number 21 he scores every TD without him the team would probably not win a game they might make second round playoffs but they wont go to the state championship... second thing i saw were the worst refs ive ever seen ref a game for both sides... i asked a tx christian fan how they scored a lot of points in the beginning of the season and now they arent scoring as much...they said there QB that started the season was no longer at there school and they only have two returning players from last year the rest of the team is pretty much freshman and sophmores even one of there really good players that plays reciever... he is really goood!!!
Yeah we played texas christian in the semi finals last year and they had mostly seniors on that team! they are in a rebuilding year! but i think pine drive will meet The tyler street boys in the state semi finals!

sixmanjr":27cdkcf4 said:
without him the team would probably not win a game
OUCH, I said they were the real deal, I didn’t say they were going to win the state championship. I just don’t see the one dimensional team you see. PD was off the map in the wrong direction last year and to me they look like a six man team this year.

You get a little 1 dimensional when 3 of your 6 starters are in street clothes on the sidelines...
and i dont care how big of a player you have he cant block, play defense, play qb and running back all at the same time but ill leave it at that...

if one dimensional is what you saw then clearly you saw how 1 dimensional tx christian was with #11 who was awesome. he needs to find a 5A school somewhere... he even went back out on the field after he got a concussion in the 3rd quarter

officials were worst ever in history of football. they (head official) finally told the deep back to not blow his whistle anymore or to call anymore penalties. cost us big time

i dont care about playoffs, whos playing who or where or what if or why...

our football team only cares about our next opponent which is our rival...

Good luck and God Bless

7 players do not a 1 dimensional team make. I saw Logos prep the other day, my hat way off to PD for that victory. I think I counted 22 players.

flex":zij4zfqx said:
You get a little 1 dimensional when 3 of your 6 starters are in street clothes on the sidelines...
and i dont care how big of a player you have he cant block, play defense, play qb and running back all at the same time but ill leave it at that...

if one dimensional is what you saw then clearly you saw how 1 dimensional tx christian was with #11 who was awesome. he needs to find a 5A school somewhere... he even went back out on the field after he got a concussion in the 3rd quarter

officials were worst ever in history of football. they (head official) finally told the deep back to not blow his whistle anymore or to call anymore penalties. cost us big time

i dont care about playoffs, whos playing who or where or what if or why...

our football team only cares about our next opponent which is our rival...
Flex , give me a 5A running back and I'll get coach of the year and the school a championship. :lol: ...maybe he was just a real good 3A player??...maybe...

Good luck and God Bless

He wasn't a running back he was a wide receiver. He I.played againstcollegeathletes and arena football athletes.#11 from tx Christian could play 5 a ball... he's not even on my team

Back