Deer Hunting in Austin

granger

Six-man expert
Founder
I guess hunting deer in Austin is a no-no

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/ ... l_dee.html

Man accused of killing deer in Austin green belt
By Mark Lisheron | Wednesday, November 18, 2009, 11:00 AM
A Travis County justice of the peace issued an arrest warrant for a 27-year-old man who shot and killed a deer with a compound bow in the green belt behind his North Austin apartment complex.

Justin Martindale has been charged with hunting without a landowner’s consent, a felony.

Martindale gave a written statement to a Texas Parks and Wildlife investigator describing his hunt, according to a probable cause affidavit filed Monday.

A witness told the Parks and Wildlife investigator he saw Martindale on Oct. 19 leave his apartment in the 11900 block of Stonehollow Dr. dressed in a camouflaged outfit, carrying a compound bow, and walk into the city-owned Walnut Creek green belt behind the apartment, according to the affidavit.

When Martindale returned to the apartment another witness asked him what he had been doing, the affidavit said. Martindale told the witness he had been baiting a deer and had gotten lucky that morning. The suspect said he killed a whitetailed buck with his bow and had gutted and quartered it in the green belt, the affidavit said.

WOW, you think he would have more common sense than that. I mean he went poaching in the city limts, in full camouflaged outfit, carrying a bow. Then told people he killed a deer, he should have worn a sign around his neck "i'm poaching"

*just my thought on the story, don't think that i approve of poaching*

Back