DCTF

Blue Bird

Six-man pro
Are any of you guys (or gals) not happy with the order that the magazine has this district picked? The order to finish the district would be May, Gordon, Gorman, and Lingleville.

Blue Bird":3hc28ayk said:
Are any of you guys (or gals) not happy with the order that the magazine has this district picked? The order to finish the district would be May, Gordon, Gorman, and Lingleville.

I imagine those from Gordon, Gorman and Lingleville respectively think they ought to be # 1. At least they all ought to think they can win district at this point in the season.

What did you not like about the prediction? I thought it was perfect, but last year they had May finishing last and we know how that turned out so you never know. Things change and players either rise or fall. But I am biased and I am ready for that district tittle again! Gordon always has a good program but they lost some good players to graduation. Liglevile has talent but I heard they lost some of their fire power. Not sure how accurate my info is. Gorman,....well my family is from there so it always has a piece of my heart...except on Friday nights....then it's on the field. They have a new Coach so you never know how that will impact the program. From playing 11 man, then outlaw and then one year of district play and the next year a new coach is a lot of change in a short time. I always know that's nothing is a done deal and it's not over till the last second of the last district game...
My guess....May, Gorman, Gordon, ligleville
Or....May Gordon, Gorman, Linglevile
The thing that makes High School football so fun is watching potential in motion. Higher levels of play have come into most of their potential. Greatness is expected but in High school everyone has the potienial for greatness at any given time.

I will have to admit that I was surprised at the Gordon and Crowell score, as well as the Gorman and Throckmorton score. Gorman played in Throck didn't they? Throck is a tough place to visit and get any kind of win, it makes the point spread even more impressive! How early in the game was Gordon 45'd?

I do not have an answer for you on when they crossed the 45 threshold. I looked but all I can find is the reporting of the score. i know Gordon has a good program and will likely bounce back from this loss. May plays in Throckmorton this week.

Blue Bird":1a7osj04 said:
I will have to admit that I was surprised at the Gordon and Crowell score, as well as the Gorman and Throckmorton score. Gorman played in Throck didn't they? Throck is a tough place to visit and get any kind of win, it makes the point spread even more impressive! How early in the game was Gordon 45'd?
Midway through the 3rd quarter

This district will start their play next Friday, Gorman will be at May and Lingleville will be at Gordon. Any thoughts on these two games? Or maybe a thought or two on the district in general?

Lingleville 60 to Gordon's 24 and May 64 to Gorman's 16. This sets up the match-up of unbeaten in district between May and Lingleville. The winner in all likelyhood, will be in the playoffs. It also sets up the other district game between Gorman and Gordon, both have 1 loss in district. The loser between these two probably will be wiping the cobwebs off of their basketballs!

Blue Bird":cqpkess8 said:
Lingleville 60 to Gordon's 24 and May 64 to Gorman's 16. This sets up the match-up of unbeaten in district between May and Lingleville. The winner in all likelyhood, will be in the playoffs. It also sets up the other district game between Gorman and Gordon, both have 1 loss in district. The loser between these two probably will be wiping the cobwebs off of their basketballs!

How do you see the district play out?

Sad to say for my former neighbors but winner of Gorman - Lingleville the last week get's second place.
I lean to the Cardinal's at this point.

When Gorman played Zephyr and May, they played really good in the first half, then the roof fell in on them in the third quarter. May was up 20 to 16 at the half and looked to be off-balance most of the half. They then realed off 38 points in the third quarter and that left Gorman realing. I lean toward Gorman having the second best team in the district. But Gorman has so many varibles that can and do at times cost them possesions and eventually games that I have no real confidence in that pick. I understand that Lingleville recently got an injured player healthy enough to play again, that one player might make a difference in who goes where in the playoffs.

In all honesty....May was not playing their game the first half. They came out after half time fired up and showed what they can and will do, but it was good for them to play a little bit longer than they have all year and to struggle a little bit so they get that out of their system now. I was at the Gorman zephyr game and I agree completely that Gorman plays really good for the first half then the wheels fall off. I was really rooting for Gorman to win that game.

51eleven":bsr7t46m said:
Sad to say for my former neighbors but winner of Gorman - Lingleville the last week get's second place.
I lean to the Cardinal's at this point.
Every program goes thru some rebuilding years...especially sixman. Hopefully Gordon’s in one of those cycles and will get back up on its feet soon, but I think you are right about the winner of Gorman and Lingleville. As much as I would like to stick with my original pick of Gorman in second.... momentum is a powerful thing and Linglevilles win over Gordon is definitely that. Nothing is a sure thing till the game is over so I hope my May Tigers stay on their toes this week against Lingleville, but I have faith in them.

Looks like Lingleville and Gorman will have a go at each other for the second spot in the district. If their scores vs Gordon are any indication, Gorman will hold about a twenty point edge. Gordon will have the pleasure of traveling to May to close out their season. The only way that I can see that this game does not end with mercy rule is if May's JV does not have a game this week and are suited up for Fridays game. May's JV has enough long range firepower that it will probably end in the mercy rule anyway.

May’s JV did just beat Strawns JV and I can tell you that Strawns JV is no joke. May has a lot of talent on that squad.

Back