D2 District 7 Head-to-Head

Little bit more history....

I remember the 1994 Blackwell v Moran game...Moran was really good! Blackwell won 43-40 and Moran attempted a field goal for the win in their last possession late in the game but missed.

Blackwell v Trent...first 2 games head to head were 11-man in 1930 and 1931...Trent winning the first game 20-14 in 1930 and Blackwell winning in 1931 7-6. First six-man game between the two was in 1938 Blackwell winning 6-0 (a district game...not an official UIL district though).

Loraine v Blackwell - these two have squared off more on the basketball court and have had some tense moments in their history. On the football field Loraine played 11-man for a very long time while Blackwell played almost exclusively 6-man since 1938 (few years in the late 40s-early 50s of 11man) which is why they haven't had many games against each other on the football field. 1998 Loraine win over Blackwell was at Loraine's homecoming and Blackwell had 4 starters suspended the day before the game and didn't play at all Friday...one of the hardest fought games I remember of the series.

I stand corrected Yes Blackwell won 62-50, I was using the score that was posted on this website. The Loraine team finished 7-3 that year and all 3 losses were in district. I do remember the 3 way tie between Blackwell, Highland an Trent and district was decided by points. I believe there was a similar situation in the district with Rochelle, Santa Anna and Zephyr. I am not 100% sure, but I think it was decided by a coin flip and Rochelle was odd man out. I believe that both Highland and Trent's games were in the regional round because some districts had byes the first week and played district games, while other teams were playing bi-district. If I remember the Blackwell- Loraine game, a district game, was played during bi-district week.

Not correct...in 1999 Blackwell beat Loraine 62-50 at Blackwell, it was the last game of the season for us and we knew that we were going to be the team that stayed home and not go to the playoffs...weren't really up for the game (and had a kid die on his way to school that morning)...ya we had a three way tie for district champs as we beat Highland, Highland beat Trent and Trent beat us...we stayed home due to the point spreads of those games.

I have no doubt we would have lost to Gordon...if we would have been the champ in Highlands place we would have beat Richland Springs and lost to Gordon in the Semis...(Highland lost to RS in the Quarters)

Back