D1 Sleepers/Teams of Interest

Pdevitt13

Six-man expert
Finally getting into my copy of DCTF and have been perusing D1 this morning.

I am not going to post on the usual suspects, just some teams that might make some noise this year

Booker = 20 returning lettermen 4O/4D winnable district

White Deer = 10 returning lettermen 5O/5D can challenge for District 1 title

Buena Vista= 24 returning lettermen 5O/5D huge numbers back and should build off 8-4 2023 season

Grady = 11 returning lettermen 3O/5D district hurts them as District 4 is loaded but Garden City & Rankin are reloading for 2024

Avalon = 13 returning lettermen 5O/4D can they win District 9? Will be a battle with Blum & Milford

Baird = 12 returning lettermen 4O/4D District 13 runs through Gordon, but the Bears should be prime for second place

Prairie Lea = 14 returning lettermen 5O/5D Only 3-6 in 2023 but the opportunity for the Indians to make the playoffs seems high. I think they can win District 16

Baird = 12 returning lettermen 4O/4D District 13 runs through Gordon, but the Bears should be prime for second place
Wow Gordon’s district pre-season.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240805_152330_Samsung Internet.webp
    Screenshot_20240805_152330_Samsung Internet.webp
    29.5 KB · Views: 52
Finally getting into my copy of DCTF and have been perusing D1 this morning.

I am not going to post on the usual suspects, just some teams that might make some noise this year

Booker = 20 returning lettermen 4O/4D winnable district

White Deer = 10 returning lettermen 5O/5D can challenge for District 1 title

Buena Vista= 24 returning lettermen 5O/5D huge numbers back and should build off 8-4 2023 season

Grady = 11 returning lettermen 3O/5D district hurts them as District 4 is loaded but Garden City & Rankin are reloading for 2024

Avalon = 13 returning lettermen 5O/4D can they win District 9? Will be a battle with Blum & Milford

Prairie Lea = 14 returning lettermen 5O/5D Only 3-6 in 2023 but the opportunity for the Indians to make the playoffs seems high. I think they can win District 16
Water Valley should make some noise this year. We took a two year break and ran around on a much larger field but I wouldn't sleep on them.

Sleepers = May, Water Valley, Newcastle

Team of Interest = Rankin

Rankin has 1 hell of a non District schedule to go through. I have no knowledge on them at all this year. So I'm curious to see how they do.

Newcastle is legit. Pretty sure they bring back everyone from a team that gave the Rigdon led Benjamin Mustangs all they could handle in the playoffs.

Too good to be a sleeper IMO.

How’s the new coach there? Heard he pissed off quite a bit of the community but I’m hopeful that he will turn out good and keep Saint Jo rolling!
I haven't heard anything negative. The kids have nothing but positive things to say, and that is all that really matters. If they play hard for him, the sky the limit.

Back