Comanche Paradigm 18 @ Gustine 64
Sidney 26 @ Rising Star 54

Week 10:
Comanche Paradigm 8 @ Sidney 53
Rising Star 44 @ Gustine 48

Week 11:
Jonesboro vs Rising Star, Friday 11/11/11 7:30pm @ Hico
Gustine vs Cranfills Gap, Friday 11/11/11 7:30pm @ Comanche

Is this district the worst in the state? No team has a winning record and if you add up the wins and loses you get 9-19 that's about as bad as I have seen.

That's not only one of the worst I've seen this year, but one of the worst I've seen ever. When your outlook on fighting for making the playoffs is "Well, they're almost as bad as us.", things may be grim. Both teams that make the playoffs will likely be sent home with all their timeouts remaining. I'm not being hateful or spiteful, but one can only call it as one sees it. I do wish both teams that make the playoffs good luck, and I'm glad some schools that may not have made the cut recently may find themselves in the playoff atmosphere, and I suppose being an underdog is motivation. The district championship will likely be a very fun game to watch.

Actually, the winner of this District likely plays Iredell in bidistrict. Gustine beat Iredell by 16 in week 0. Gustine has played a hell of a schedule and it shows.

A little research goes a long ways before you type.

I would agree with that. The winner of this district has a good chance of winning their bi-district game. The 2nd place team gets, well, Jonesboro, so yeah, there's that. But still, UIL decides the districts by location, no point in dogging the district cause they are not all top 10 teams. The boys work hard and play their best, just like everyone else. Winning district may not be a big deal to a team that went to the Regional finals last year, but it could be considered a successful season to a team that worked hard to get to that point.

I think your talking about a depth issue here Sidneys got 8 boys two are hurt, Premier has 6 or seven, Gustine has about 10 or 12 its hard to play teams like Joneboro with there 20plus but the fans of the smaller schools sure like watchin em play A true sixman fan should be proud that the likes of Sidney and Premier and all the others are fielding a team. Way to go EAGLES just wouldnt in the cards last night....

Wow! Did Sidney put up a fight at the end or what?! Sidney, by all rights had the game robbed from them by a bad, if not horrible, if not the worst call ever. That would have thrown a barrel of monkeys into the district had that not have happened! If Sidney had remained healthy all year, they would win this district, hands down. Sidney's #25 is about as tough of a runner as they get. Playing on a most likely still broken leg bone, and fighting like that -- that takes toughness. I, along with about everyone in those stands, and probably Gustine fans somewhere in their heart were mortified by that call. I don't think Gustine would have made the playoffs had they lost. If Gustine's play last night were any indication of their will to win, they will get rolled by Rising Star.

Can I get some information on the Rising Star Wildcats? Never seen them play. Never heard of them in the playoffs... I (fan) have to start doing my homework also... Let the battle of highway 36 begin....Who is your pick to win this game?

file.php

Back