Congratulations Crowell

WV Backer

Six-man pro
The Crowell Wildcats played a heck of a game tonight in Rotan and I send them my wholehearted congratulations. Down early due to some miscues, they never stopped fighting and turned the tide in the second half. #5 was as good as advertised and #14 was pretty good as well. Ira will have their hands full, that's for sure. Good luck to both teams next week and represent Region II well.

What a game WV Backer! Enjoyed every minute of it. Congrats to the whole water valley nation on a great season. NOW GO CATS BEAT IRA!

On a side note i've already seen at least one post about Crowell playing dirty tonight. they had a hit out of bounds that was probably more emotional than intentional. If people can't just congratulate a team on a hard earned victory like you have WV backer then i wish they'd just shut it. There I've said my peace.

Congratulations Crowell. When it gets to this point it's a given most teams left are talented. The difference I think is being physical and you fellows have that down well. You guys are some fighting wildcats and showed what your made of and never quit. Very good game and congrats once again.

WV, thank you for a fine season. Nothing to be ashamed of, you guys had a great year and though the fight for a State Championship is over, you are all champions in my book. This program has been solid for several years now and you did your part to continue that. I feel privileged to have seen so many of your battles. Keep them heads up and thanks for all the fun you provided to the WV Nation.

KEEP ON KEEPING ON WV!

As everyone has already mentioned, that was a hard fought football game by both teams.
Quick question for any of those who have followed Crowell closely this year. Seemed like during the first half of tonight's game, Crowell ran more spread than usual as opposed to the tight formation, ground and pound with #5 that I saw at a couple of other games this year. Not questioning their game plan or anything, just curious as to why the spread vs power running when you have a player like #5 in the backfield.

Congratulations to both teams. Both teams played with a lot of heart and determination. I saw the spread beginning to work more successfully for Crowell as well probably due to WV stopping the run early on which opened up the passing opportunities. I think at this point of the season you have to pull out all of the stops. I think Coach Hayes did that really well with a balanced offense and spreading it around. Water Valley seemed to be an all air attack. Their QB was throwing with pinpoint accuracy he was as good as advertised as well; Crowell was able to capitalize on their miscues. When a majority of your offense is passing you've got to expect you can get caught in a turnover situation quickly. Defensively Crowell was able to slow the passing attack down. All those kids played their hearts out in a great battle of gladiators. Good Luck to Crowell keep bringing the heat.

Back