Combined score record?

boozyeo1

11-man fan
Anyone know the record for total points in a sixman game? Last Saturday in EP at Ponder Park, the home field of EP Immanuel, Dell City and EP Immanuel played what could best be decribed as a "TEXAS SHOOT OUT". Dell City prevailed 88 to 84. Not bad considering DC was a 3+ td favorite. DC brought only 8 players to the game on a hot sunny day and they played with great courage and stamina. The EP Immanuel QB, Christian Booz, played the entire second half with a broken elbow, completing many passes for a total of 266 yds and 5 tds. The courage and will to win displayed by both teams was truly inspirational and well appreciated by all in attendance. Both teams are a credit to their respective schools, cities and parents. EP DAD

boozyeo1":26dm34ke said:
Anyone know the record for total points in a sixman game? Last Saturday in EP at Ponder Park, the home field of EP Immanuel, Dell City and EP Immanuel played what could best be decribed as a "TEXAS SHOOT OUT". Dell City prevailed 88 to 84. Not bad considering DC was a 3+ td favorite. DC brought only 8 players to the game on a hot sunny day and they played with great courage and stamina. The EP Immanuel QB, Christian Booz, played the entire second half with a broken elbow, completing many passes for a total of 266 yds and 5 tds. The courage and will to win displayed by both teams was truly inspirational and well appreciated by all in attendance. Both teams are a credit to their respective schools, cities and parents. EP DAD

Great story ... and congrats to both teams on playing a solid game -- proves the story about sixman defense; anytime you can hold the opponents to fewer points that you score, your defense did its job ...

Or, as I seriously listened to a six-man defensive coach say in response to a question about how hard it was to transition from 11-man defense to 6-man defense, he said that all he had to do was get one stop a quarter ... if his offense could score everytime, they'd win by 4 touchdowns.

But I got a question about an 88-84 game? How do you sneak out of the stands to head to the little boy's room or catch a soda and hotdog? At that speed, you'd miss about four touchdowns ...

I know Sydney and May played a 90+ to 90+ game in the late 1990's with May winning. Don't know if it is the record. Congrats to EPI and DC for a great game!

Temple Holy Trinity and San Antonio Winston played to a 112 - 83 score on October 15, 2004. The combined score of 195 was even reported in USA Today as a record. Don't know if that's the official highest but it sure was a memorable game to be a part of.

Eagle3":ou123fr9 said:
Temple Holy Trinity and San Antonio Winston played to a 112 - 83 score on October 15, 2004. The combined score of 195 was even reported in USA Today as a record. Don't know if that's the official highest but it sure was a memorable game to be a part of.

Was that the game where something like 6 kickoffs in a row were returned for TD's ?

That's the one. After the 6th kickoff TD there were no more deep kicks, just squibs and on-sides. I have the stats somewhere. I'll dig them up and post em.

JokerJ":2jhi7p0s said:
Throckmorton just beat May 102-100 in 5OT. We may have a new record.

Could be ... but I'd recommend two high score records ... one for games with overtime and another for games in regulation. The Throck-May score could have been as low as 62-62 after regulation (a high score, but nowhere near a record) and gone 40-38 in OT (each team scoring, with Throck getting the 2 pt. kick on the last OT).

Back