Colorado/Wyoming Realignment

freeagent

Six-man pro
Just got a list of realignments from Colorado for 2012-2014.

They play 6 man and 8 man divisions; outside of Ol'Bearkat, who really cares about 8 man?

There are 21 returning 6-man schools, and 9 new 6-man schools. Two schools are making the unwise decision to go to 8-man (although I think Colorado makes you play 8 man if your enrollment goes over a certain number, so you can blame government bureaucrats for that, I guess). So that makes 30 six-man schools in the state.

As for 8-man, they have 47 schools and 10 of them elected to "opt-up," which means those 10 would have qualfied to play 6-man.

Moving to 8-man from 6-man: Yoder Edison, Colo. Springs Pike Peak Christian

New to 6-man: Aguilar, Campo (S. Baca), Colo Springs Hanover, Kit Carson, Walden North Park, Weston Primero, Pritchett (S. Baca), Stratton, Woodlin

Staying in 6-man: Anton Arickaree, Bethune, Briggsdale, Cheraw, Colo. Springs Colo. Deaf & Blind, Cotopaxi, Deer Trail, Eads, Flager, Fleming, Siebert Hi-Plains, Idalia, Joes Liberty, Otis Lone Star, Saguache Mt. Valley, Grover Pawnee, Peetz, New Raymer Prairie, Vilas (S. Baca), Weldona Weldon Valley

Wyoming will keep the same alignment as 2012 for six-man with 10 schools (like Texas, it's 6 man or crowded field, no interlopers allowed).

Gurnsey, Baggs Little Snake River, Hanna, Meeteetse, Ten Sleep, Dubois, Kaycee, Midwest, Hulettt, and Farson.

Late to the response here . . . just wanted to get the record straight, Mr. Taddy . . . Pikes Peak Christian was required to move up to 8-man as our enrollment was a few students more than the 75-student cutoff line. We didn't have any choice in the matter. I actually think we'll be competitive at the 8-man level, but when you're competing against schools with 100-125 students, it's a little tough to match them in roster size.

And I still have my "6-Man" sticker on the back of my pickup truck as I wait for the completion of this two-year cycle and we get to play six-man football again.

Back