Coaches....must read!

coachjdjones

11-man fan
I noticed that H.B. 2038 is mandating that all coaches must receive two hours of concussion training by Sept. 1. I have emailed TSMCA to see if they may offer a session or two at coaching school. If they do not, you may want to plan accordingly.

I received an email yesterday from Lubbock Sports Medicine. They are hosting a concussion seminar and golf tourny on Friday Aug 3rd in Lubbock. Need to sign up by July31, should be online. If not I'll send you the email if you need it.

Wonder how this course requirement compares to the on-line course from NFHS (which is required annually for all TAPPS school coaches)?

I think the NFHS course is free.

Yes the TSMCA is working on lining up the concussion course at the clinic this summer on Wednesday afternoon. It is all but done. The schedule for the clinic should be available soon on the web site.

For the first time in 58 years, the TEXAS SPORTS GUIDE will NOT be at COACHING SCHOOL! We're making a lot of changes this year & have a lot to do before the 2012-13 school year begins! We’re launching a newly redesigned website that will make it easier to update schools & will also accept advertising.

For years we’ve published the Texas Sports Guide on paper, and on CD. Sales of the printed edition declined steadily year by year, while CD sales increased every year. This year there were NOT enough orders to print the Texas Sports Guide, so the 2012-13 Texas Sports Guide is ONLY on CD in PDF format (from cover to cover, including advertisements, articles, and features).

As part of the introductory offer each CD is only $14.25 plus $5.50 shipping & handling (with delivery confirmation). Checks MUST be included with the order. Eventually you’ll be able to order & purchase online!

Back