Clear Lake Christian Varsity Home Game needed 09/21/07 7:00p

Gordon Cyr

11-man fan
Help, we've had two teams already drop games on us. Life Christian isn't playing football this year, and Alvin Living Stones can't play because of conflicting scheduling for the same weekend. We want a very good and strong team to play for that night. We want to test ourselves to see how good we really are. The game will be here, 09/21/07, at 7:00p.m. This is a call out to Rockwall Heritage, Greenville Christian, EP Faith, Abilene Christian, Amarillo Bible Heritage, Arlington St. Albans, Ft. Worth Glenview, Willow Park Trinity, SA New Life, if one of you can come, we want to play the big dogs. We're a hungry team with a lot of talent, and we want to play teams that will test everything we have. Please contact me A.S.A.P., so we can get you on the schedule. My E-mail is [email protected], or you can contact me by my cell, 832-859-2331.

WOW, what confidence.........Hey coach, you might not want to call out the HEAVY WEIGHTS......
Did you see what Greenville did to LJ Brazosport last year and I know what LJ Brazosport did to Clear Lake.

You are REALLY biting off more than you can chew calling out the Greenvilles, Rockwalls, EP Faiths, Abilene Christians.

Either you're full of it, or your'e a pretty cocky coach. I'm assuming you're calling them out because you really need a home game, because if clear lake is going to be as good as your'e saying, You'd take clear lake on the road to meet those teams.

Now that I've checked, Clear Lake has never had a winning season and all of a sudden you're calling out the HEAVY WEIGHTS.....

WOW

After some thought,
Mr. Cyr, ... Couldn't you call those schools instead of calling them out on this board.
I'm WISHING Larry Uland (Greenville Chr.) or Robert Huckabee (Rockwall Heritage Chr.) takes you up on your offer, I know if I were coaching one of those two schools, I'd be in my administrators office first thing tomorrow chartering a bus and the entire school to your place. And I'd even ask you to make it your homecoming game.

Coaches USUALLY don't call out other coaches/schools. They call them and ask if you have a game available.

Maybe you didn't understand the message I sent out to those teams. I'm not an inmate on the rec yard calling someone out to the square. I am a Head Football Coach of one of these schools you follow throughout the season on this site, and I believe in teaching my boys to aim high. Maybe you'd put the easiest teams you could to face each week if it was up to you, but I want them to learn how to face adversity, how to overcome a challenge, and how to know how it feels to face a giant and defeat it. What do you learn if everything comes easy, and you face no challenges? What do you learn if you just bully around teams that are easily beaten? I want these boys to believe in Phil. 4:13, that they can do all things through Christ. And another thing is, that we all put our britches on the same way. It doesn't matter what you're ranked, you can still be beaten. In the Bible, David took 5 stones, and he only used one to defeat the giant. Enough Said. Coach Gordon Cyr

Mr. Cyr,
All I'm saying is, I believe the phone would've worked better.
I stand 100% behind the bible as the ONLY WORD, but I'd really like for you & Clear Lake Christian to use QUOTES vs. Greenville and Rockwall.
Yes all HS kids put there pants on one leg at a time.........That's just Ole' coaches talk because when you get between those 80x40 yard lines, Greenville and Rockwall REALLY BRINGS IT.... ASK Lake Jackson Brazosport about that, they're in your district.

By the way, Richland Springs ISD is searching for a week 0 team to fill their kickoff classic. Why don't you giv'em a call and talk their coach into playing your squad and Happy could play Cherokee....If you really want to put your team up against THE GIANTS, FACE THOSE GIANTS

We had another team enter our district recently, and we filled that spot with that team. We will be playing Bryan Allen Academy on that scheduled opening. Please disregard the open game posting. God bless, and have a good season. Coach Gordon Cyr

Back