classiest fans/football program

quentin70

Six-man fan
tired of throwing mud? share some positive moments at opposing sites. not just facilitys, i mean just pure good sportsmanship. surely someone thats played the game or just spectated has something to share.

Well, I have to hand it to the folks at Fredericksburg Heritage. Good people, good sports, and they still beat the you-know-what out of you and you still like them.

Gosh, I hate it when that happens.

I was impressed with the Ft. Davis fans.......only there once but they were very welcoming and accommodating. Typical good West Texas people...............

i gotta say that my visit to watervalley was a good one. didnt win, but the people were nice. from the gate to the concession stand and the watervalley fans.

Lometa. Even after being 45'd the fans and players were great. They left such a good impression that I followed The Hornets after Oakwood beat Aquilla.

Freddy Heritage, no doubt. Great group of guys there.

It makes you feel like thanking them for beating you.

Its annoying and refreshing at the same time.

I have had great experiences just about everywhere I've been to watch a 6man football game, honestly. I grew up in a small town (3A school, but still small), so I really enjoy the opportunity our kids have to play UIL 6man schools. No offense to the TAPPS schools that we play in the big cities, but small town Texas football is the coolest.

I know I'll miss some, but off the top of my head I can remember great experiences in these communities: Moran, Woodson, Newcastle, Ira, Rotan, Strawn, Trent, Zephyr, Morgan..... Everybody has a loud fan or two every now and then - our school included. But the vast majority of the people you meet at 6man football games are just downright good people. That goes for the big city TAPPS schools too. I'm not knocking them. They're the same kind of nice and friendly people for sure. I just don't like having to drive through all the traffic to get to those schools. I'd MUCH rather dodge cattle, deer, and hogs on the road coming home instead of traffic jams. :)

To be honest, no team I have ever played was like Irving Universal. They were classy when the ball wasn't moving, but as soon as the whistle blew and the ball was snapped, I saw an intensity that was almost scary. And then when the play ended, they were back to being real classy and friendly. That's what I love to see.

As an "Out of Towner", I been to a lot of six man games all over, mostly east of Abilene. I don't remember a place that wasn't classy. It's what is so attractive about the six man venue. Great football, great communities, and class act people.

I am going to say that this is our first year in sixman and the reception we have got from fans and towns is the best I've ever seen. The opposing players, coaches, fans have been very friendl, and the sportsmanship is great. I totally agree that the atmosphere in sixman is way above anything we played in before.

Valley gets my vote. In my playing days, even if you upset them on the field, you still got a pat on the back from the other teams parents.

As a player and a fan the folks over in Bryson were always very gracious to us, it's always been a blessing to head out there and get a warm welcome.

Well being from around central Texas we are still small but some of the towns around here have reputations but one stands out about being good sports in football, basketball not so much, but Cranfills Gap. Pretty classy program over there!!

I would have to say the top three for me have been Whitharral, Valley and Borden County....

that is not to say that others have not treated me right or anything like that. I am just saying from top-to-bottom, and over time, these were the top 3. Trust me, I have met way too many great people from all parts of the state to mention them all...

Back