Calvert Head Football/BB/Spring Sport

Coach Ware

11-man fan
Calvert ISD has the following TWO (2) position(s) OPEN ..

BEFORE SENDING IN YOUR RESUME/APPLICATION : YOU MUST BE FULLY CERTIFIED IN A TEACHING AREA.
PLEASE SEE www.calvertisd.com website for teaching areas available.

1. HEAD FOOTBALL / HEAD BOYS BASKETBALL / SPRING SPORT
2. ASST FOOTBALL / HEAD GIRLS BASKETBALL / SPRING SPORT
POSSIBLE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR IF QUALIFIED

TEACHING FIELD - (MUST BE FULLY CERTIFIED) Composite Social Studies (7-12) / Physical Education (EC-12) are of need ...... Will also look at other CERTIFIED CORE AREAS such as : Math 7-12, Secondary ELAR 7-12, along with other options as well such as Spanish Teacher, Art, that can be combined with coaching.
QUALIFICATIONS: MUST MEET HIGHLY QUALIFIED STANDARDS AND MUST BE FULLY CERTIFIED IN A TEACHING AREA CONTENT
DEADLINE: UNTIL FILLED

There will be positions available for spouse IF NEEDED in K and EC-6 grades

How To Apply: Applications available: http://www.calvertisd.com
Resumes: send to : [email protected]
Fax: 979-364-2468
Contact Person:
Name: Maxie Morgan (Superintendent)
Email: [email protected]
Address: P.O. Box 7
City: Calvert
State: TX
Zip: 77837-0007
Phone: (254) 697-6168
Fax: (979) 364-2468

PER REQUEST FROM CALVERT ISD : I'VE BEEN ASKED TO ADD THE FOLLOWING :

YOU MUST BE FULLY CERTIFIED IN A TEACHING CONTENT AREA.
CALVERT ISD WILL NOT ENTERTAIN THE NON-CERTIFITED.

PLEASE GO TO www.calvertisd.com FOR OPEN TEACHING AREAS AT CALVERT ISD.

I have said it before, and I must be the only one that feels this way. I know the response will be people need to do whats best for their family and school boards do what they want to.
But I do not understand what benefit it is for a school when they have had 3 different coaches in 3 different years and how a coach is at 4 different schools in 4 years.
I must be the only one who thinks this is odd and benefits no one especially the kids that are being served.

SWRaider":hfhn76py said:
I have said it before, and I must be the only one that feels this way. I know the response will be people need to do whats best for their family and school boards do what they want to.
But I do not understand what benefit it is for a school when they have had 3 different coaches in 3 different years and how a coach is at 4 different schools in 4 years.
I must be the only one who thinks this is odd and benefits no one especially the kids that are being served.

I get what you're saying but some times circumstances, which you may or may not have control of, dictate decisions. No Coach wants to move every year or every 2 years, but sometimes it happens.

SwRaider welcome to America where people have a right to job surf. In the field of education, people come and people go.

I went to calvert website and they have 9 openings, 9 openings is very high for a div 2 6 man school so something just might not be a good thing there if that many openings are available
Jmo

I can't disagree with that. I thinking speaks greatly to the level of commitment that our society has or lack there of.
If you have constant turnover there is a reason you are having so much turnover and it probably isn't a good reason.
Change and growth doesn't happen overnight. If you are in this business to collect a pay check, in my opinion you are in it for the wrong reason.

no matter how you look at it, bottom line is most coaches have a family to support. So yes, getting a paycheck is very important. You cannot say in all reality that collecting a paycheck makes us in the wrong business. My wife and kids still have to eat and I still have to put a roof over their heads, THAT is the most important. So yes, collecting a paycheck is very important to me.

Congrats to Coach John Cherry (I think), a 13-2 record year 1 should be pretty good cause we know 11-1 in football and 26-4 in basketball wasn't good enough for the last coach.
I count wins Vs everyone on their schedule other than Borden County and Richland Springs.

Back