Best Match Ups of Week 4

BigCzech

Six-man fan
From my chair, it looks like the follwoing games should be some real good ones this week.

Aquilla(15) VS Avalon(16) - Should be a good test for both teams. We will find out if the talent equals the hype.

Balmorhea(2) VS Garden City(6)

Paducah(18) VS Fowllett(14)

Oakwood(11) VS Coolidge(24) - Will Coolidge be able to slow down the Oakwood attack?

Blum(22) VS Abbott(23) - Probably not on alot of folks radar this week. Should be interesting to see what Thornhill can do upon his return back to Abbott. Should be an intersting and emotional chess match between some great coaches that are super familar with each other.

Agree...Disagree?

What games will you be at?

I like the Balmorhea/Garden City tilt and think it will be much closer than the 17 point spread might indicate. Matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if GC were to pull this one off. I've learned the hard way not to underestimate the Bearkats.

From what I've seen, the BearKats will be extremely fortunate to take the Bears into the second half.
Unless, things have changed considerably since week 1.

I believe Guthrie vs Petersburg is another game to watch all because the return of a HEALTHY RB in Tristan Garza for Petersburg. There honestly shouldn't have been a close marginal win with Meadow and there shouldn't be a loss by only 4 to Naz(I realize a loss is a loss still) but things happen and luckily the injury happened now rather than later in the season when the games really matter. The ankle is all healed up and he's ready to take on a very tough program in Guthrie. Gonna be a fun one to watch!

Just by rankings the GC-Balmorehea game would be the one to see.
I missed the Aqullia -Avalon spread of Zero. Cowboy might have the hives tonight.
Blackwell by 16 over Rotan. Blackwell by 45 per Lehman.
Oakwood by 17 over Coolidge?
Dawson by 44 over Klondike? The Toy has a conscience and just couldn't discourage Klondike by saying 45?
The game I'd like to see but will hopefully listen to as a Strawn fan is the Hounds vs Union Hill in Milford.
I'm not overly confident in the Hounds top 10 ranking, yet, they are still young. Outstanding potential.
Also, many followers of the site already know new Coach Mallory of Union Hill took the Hounds to the Semi's as a player, was an assistant (learned from) for Coach Lee and has a Ring from Throckmorton.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/RROOiX5l60 ... strawn.htm

I Kinda hope the Toy is wrong on this one, by just a little bit, not a lot. Go Hounds.

I guess that I will learn to keep my mouth shut. Balmorhea wasn't as stout as I figured, Garden City was stouter than before, Paducah has improved considerably, and Follett isn't nearly as strong as I figured.
They all proved that I don't know a thing!

Johnny South":2jimi7h6 said:
I guess that I will learn to keep my mouth shut. Balmorhea wasn't as stout as I figured, Garden City was stouter than before, Paducah has improved considerably, and Follett isn't nearly as strong as I figured.
They all proved that I don't know a thing!

We all have our moment's. I've eaten quite a bit of crow over the years, I like lot's of salt, pepper, tabasco sauce and some ranch dressing to dip it in (along with a roll of Tum's).
I know nothing about the West and really very little about the East (as some can probably attest to).
I've come to appreciate your comment's for like a few of mine, some make sense, to me at least.

Back