Bears / Eagles - Great game!

No Excuses

11-man fan
Congrats to the Balmorhea Bears as they were victorious against the Mighty Eagles 72 to 57. What a game!!!

Good luck in the playoffs Bears...represent our district well.

We got one more game EAGLES...Go out there and give it 100 percent like you did ALL YEAR LONG!! Keep your heads up high. You have nothing to be ashamed of! You've played great football all season and have earned the respect of many in West Texas.

SENIORS...go out with a bang next week!!

JUNIORS, SOPHOMORES, AND FRESHMEN...learn from this year, build from it! Make a commitment to each other and hit it hard in the off-season. Get BIGGER, FASTER AND STRONGER!! AGILE, MOBILE AND HOSTILE BABY!!

It is up to you to keep SANDERSON EAGLE FOOTBALL ALIVE AND STRONG!!!

Great job EAGLES....you left it all out on the field. ALL HEART BABY!! ALL HEART!!

Not giving up...just being realistic.

Two things have to happen in order for the Eagles to make the playoffs.

1. Beat Grandfalls on Thursday night...AND...2. Dell City has to BEAT Balmorhea by something like 17 points.

As the great NFL receiver Chris Carter from ESPN would say...COME OONNN MAN!!!

It's time for fast breaks, three pointers, presses and yelling at the refs!!

Good luck to the Cowboys and Bears in the playoffs. Do District 6 proud!

The Mighty Eagles will be back next year...with a vengence!!

No Excuses,
You have given up a little to quickly on the Eagles. I mean on paper this match-up against Grandfalls looks like we will not have a chance but anything can happen on those nights that the kids play football. If I am not mistaken, if the Eagles beat Grandfalls then there would be a three way tie in the district. At this point Grandfalls are in the playoffs no matter what.
Once again if I am not mistaken, when there is a three way tie the tie breaker goes down to a point system by how the three teams played against each other. Grandfalls sits at a plus 17 right now. Balmorhea at a -2 and Sanderson at -15. If Sanderson beats Grandfalls by 14 to 16 points, then Sanderson moves up to a -1 or +1 which will beat Balmorhea's -2 and Sanderson will go to the playoffs. Since a 16 point victory over Grandfalls would give Sanderson a +1 and Grandfalls a +1 it would go down to a common opponent in Balmorhea and Grandfalls will still take the district. However, if Sanderson wins by 17 or more, then Sanderson will be at a +2 and Grandfalls will be at 0, therefore giving Sanderson the district crown.
I know what many of you are thinking but stranger things have happened. All I can say at this point is good luck to Grandfalls and Sanderson and I pray that nobody gets hurt Thursday night. Go after them Eagles and fight until the last whistle blows.

Seems like I remember a couple of years ago when the mighty Eagles were a 45 point underdog and won that game by a bunch. SandersonEagles I agree with you that in sixman football anything can happen. That is what make sixman so much fun to watch. Why with just the right amount of magic in the air and playing at the home of the Eagles, the Mighty Eagles just might repeat that big win of a couple of years ago. Goooo Sic'em Eagles.
peace n love but not too much peace n love

Dell City had an injured player who broke his arm in the JR high game against BV last week and a player of the high school I think has an injury to the wrist, also against BV that night. So its lack of players that caused the cancelation but not heart. They played great last week even with just 5 remaining on the team. Much respect toward those kids they palyed hard.

Back