Baseball/Softball Question

• Thread starter Deleted member 18767
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18767

I have a question that I am researching, with little luck. Does anyone out there know of anyone: school, community, city league, etc., that has or uses a baseball/softball combination field? I have been looking for a while and cannot seem to find anything.

To clarify...you are asking if anyone has one field and just moves the bases and pitchers mound (rubber) accordingly depending on the game being played?

When I played summer baseball in Bronte and Robert Lee both had fields that we did this on. I would say the one at Robert Lee matches what you are talking about bc I think there was a girls softball team at the time that played on the same field as us (we were pony league then)

Now both cities had two fields but one, a small one, was used just for little league and tea ball games. But this was 15+ years ago so Im sure this info is helping to you.

The bases had metal square pegs on the bottom and there was metal square holes that they would fit into in the ground for the two different base paths. We always had fun trying to find the hole for 2nd base when we had to move them around. The mount I cant remember how that was managed, think the coaches for games, I think the one at 60'6 was kept and if softball was played they had a turf mat they laid out (just left the mount behind it) or just moved the rubber up and went with that.

Fence distance and infield surface could be a small problem when useing one field for both softball and 90 foot baseball. Someone makes portable mounds made of plywood and artificial grass that would in turn keep your infield surface flat for softball.

Back