August 23 -- which week 1 game(s) will you attend?

granger

Six-man expert
Founder
With the season upon us, I wanted to see where people may be going next week. I am going to stay close to home on Friday so I can get home and be back online quickly. Saturday I am taking the boys to the Texas-Maryland game, which is at 11 am, so I will be back on the boards that afternoon.

With that I think I'll head over to Cherokee for Medina's visit.

Jayton. The best game of the week-end just might be Sterling City and Valley. And who knows, Happy's D might show up as strong as it was...three years ago in Hico..., if it does RS may be in for a surprise!

smokeyjoe53":1vlc9b6l said:
Stop by Southside BBQ and grab a sandwich before the game........... you can have the other half for breakfast............

Can I just buy a bunch of meat by the pound? Family would kill me if I came home empty-handed.

What is best?

granger":10cezs7h said:
smokeyjoe53":10cezs7h said:
Stop by Southside BBQ and grab a sandwich before the game........... you can have the other half for breakfast............

Can I just buy a bunch of meat by the pound? Family would kill me if I came home empty-handed.

What is best?
I ate lunch today at Southside in Cherokee. I warned them there might be a guy in a funny looking hat stopping by Friday before the game........... Word of caution, don't go by too late. They could run out.......

Will be in Hico to watch. Abbott-Strawn game is a good one to start off with. The Bryson-milford game is interesting seen Bryson earlier this summer in a 6 on 6 tournament they looked like they had something to give milford a early test.

Last year I said that I was going to Jayton, but went to Hico instead. Several reasons, but gas prices and possible shortages were the main ones. I intend to go to Jayton again this year.

I think I’ll get my mileage up week 1 of this year.
Thursday: Balmorhea at Sands
Friday: Torn between watching the games at Jayton and that Richland Springs vs May matchup.
Saturday: I’ll definitely be in Jayton!
Y’all have a safe trip wherever y’all end up!!

Back